29.

Gwen's Pov:

I arrived school just in time. My dad and mom didn't asked much about Austin anymore. Thank God for that.

Now, my only problem is how will I tell and explain everything to David and Emily. They should know. So I texted Ems and Dave, asking them if we could eat lunch together cause I have story to tell.

And after I finished sending my message to my two bestfriend. Ronald came to me greeted me and asking why I wasn't texting him back. And I tell him the truth. But Austin came into the view and talking to me as if we're used to talk infront of schoolmates. What is he playing at?

"How'd you know about her not feeling well?" Ronald asked. I know why he's confuse. Maybe Austin and I are both popular in school, but we're not in talking terms. We're not friends. We're never even one to be called as acquaintances, we never been in any crowded places together as companions except for parties.

"Her mother called my mom." Austin answered. I looked at him with questionings face. Is he going to announce our relationship?

"So you're family are friends?" Ronald asked again.

"His aunt is my godmother. My parents are their employees, and I'm one of their scholars. So yeah! I think our family were friends. Didn't you know that?" I said before Austin say something that will be harder to explain.

"Aren't you going to your next class." Austin said.

"Uhm Yeah!" I replied. Then I look at Ronald "Bye Ronald! See yah around." Waving to him goodbye and following Austin.

He then gestured to text him before he said goodbye. And I walked behind Austin.

"See yah around my ass" he mumbles. It made me smile. Cause it looks like he's jealous. I hope he is, cause it's cute and it means he's starting to like me, more than physical attraction.

_____
__________
_____

"You look happy and confused at the same time my friend." Emily said after I tell them almost everything. From the day my cherry popped, up to this morning. Not that Emily didn't know.

"So you're not angry with me?" I asked, specially to David because he didn't even know that Emily drive me to the bar where Austin is.

"I'm a bit disappointed that you keep a secret from us, but this is what you're waiting for, for so long. And if it makes you happy then what can we do. It's just that, you're not even sure if he really likes you." Dave said.

"That's why I want to keep it a secret until he learns to like me." I replied.

"But I think he likes you already." Emily said cheerfully. She looks like she's so happy for me.

"You can never can tell Ems. Boys are all different in some ways." Then he looked at me. "I just hope that he's dating you not just because of physical needs." The ever concerned David said.

"But he can get it from different girls. Girls that are more experienced than me." I defended.

"Well! He's your first. And what if you're a challenge for him? Let's just see what will happened next."

"Okay, change topic!" Emily said then she smiled sweetly "So let's talk about prom. We only have three days." Then she looked at me "Are you and Austin, going together?"

"He didn't ask me." I said pouting my lips. "And we have promise each other that the three of us will go together, right?"

"Then I'll pick up the both of you." David stands up, opens his arms like Rose in titanic and shouted. "we'll paint the night red!"

And we laughed as we throw foods at him.

We were interrupted by Gab loud laughed! Louder than ours. We then look at them and saw Austin giving Gab high five as Gab look at me smiling like teasing me. Then they both chuckles. What was that? Are they mocking me?

Then a girl I don't know who, come to them and sneak her hand to Austin's arms and smiled gorgeously. I don't know who she is. And she's not even waring a uniform. I look away. I don't want to hurt myself any further.

"Let's get outta here." I said to both of them. Then we get up and leave the crowded cafeteria to go somewhere far from Austin.

"I am having a wrong impression here. It's just me or you two having it too?" Emily said while we're walking "I change my mind. He doesn't like you that much. And maybe Dave is right, you just seemed like a challenge to him."

"Yeah! It looks like they're making fun of me. It feels like Austin is just leading me on, then will drop me like a hot potato, because he already got me." I said with sadness and disappointment.

"Why girls are exaggerated?" Dave shook his head. "Why don't you asked him who's that girl first? She looks new here!"

"I don't know how will I asked him that I will not sound clingy and desperate." I sighed. "And what if his answer could hurt me?"

"Then why don't you just break up with him if you think he's just playing with you?" Dave said.

"I can't." I exclaimed

"Why?" They both ask.

"I can't go back to being strangers anymore. I like being with him. I like what he is doing to me. I'll just make everything out of it, while he's still with me." I said determined but hurt.

"Marthyr, aren't we?!" Emily said. "What can I say to you. You're in love. I hope you wake up someday, still whole and not shuttered by that gorgeously good-for-nothing guy."

"Good decision for making your relationship a secret. I don't want you to be a laughing stock of the school for being snobbishly innocent Gwen, the last conquest of Austin James Anderson, before leaving high-school." David said tactlessly.

_______________
__________
_____

xoxo 💋