22.

Gwen's Pov:

It's lunch break and I am trying to finish off my food at the moment when Ronald came to me. I look up and observed everyone looking at us because he's with eight members of their team holding a pluck card at his back. Then he whistles, and the boys started to flip their cards. I read it and it says Will you go to the prom with me? And he handed me a bouquet of flowers I didn't notice that he's holding.

"Will you be my date to the prom?" Ronald says smiling at me sweetly.

I actually forgotten about the Prom. That it is actually two weeks from now and that I still haven't had a dress to wear. And everyone anticipated that I'm going to say yes.

"Can we talk first? Just the two of us?!" I asked not caring if I disappoint everyone. Then I pulled him to the corridor where there isn't even a soul roaming around.

"Last year, Me, David and Emily decided to go together without dates. And we're sticking to it. Am totally am sorry Ronald" I began explaining.

"You don't have too apologize. I just tried. But I had a feeling you wouldn't say yes." I can see sadness in his eyes. I felt that I lead him on by letting him drive me to school. And I felt a bit guilty because of that.

I then said sorry again and start walking of the corridor to my locker. Thank god I didn't bring anything there other than my phone and wallet so I wont have to worry for any left over things. I didn't want to come back to the canteen because I felt bad turning down a nice guy. But I don't want to give false chances either so I'd rather do this. I would have like him if not for my undying love to the great Austin.

I was walking to my locker when someone held my hand and lead me outside the school to the parking lot. I was so startled that I didn't say anything. He's walking fast and his hold is tightening in my hand even more. He lead me to his car and we both get inside.

"What did you told him? Did you say yes?" He asked. But before I could answer it, he continues again. I can't even paint his face. "I know, that our relationship will end if your period arrive next week but you shouldn't say yes immediately. You should've considered the what ifs at least or -"

"Sssshhh!" I cut him off by putting my point finger on his mouth. "Austin! I already said NO to Ronald" I said, then he smiled. "Are we good now?"

"Yeah." He doesn't smile at me much, as I always receive smirk and glare from him. His smiles looks so damn gorgeous as ever, especially when he has given it to me. "Let's get out of here." He suddenly said.

"Wait! Where are we going?" I tried stopping him by touching his lean arms, but he just look at my hand and smirk at me. "We still have classes to attend."

"We'll eat." And he starts driving out of the school premises. "That bastard didn't even let you finish your food before interrupting you."

"It's okay, am not even hungry." I protested.

"But I am." As he continues driving not even say a word. So do I.

I love the feeling of awkwardness when ever he's near. Even though my feelings for him was added by a lustful kind of thoughts and the familiarity of our bodies, he still gives me chills and cringe.

He brings me in a cafe near the school. I chose the table near the glass wall and sit immediately. The lady in black polo shirt ask order and leave as soon as she got our orders.

We are sitting silently as he keeps on scrolling or playing with his phone. Then my mouth that has a mind of its own tell something that is out my character.

"Can we take a picture together?" I asks. He maybe is startled that's why he didn't replied immediately. So I assumed he doesn't want to. "Well, it's okay if you don't want too. I just am... uhmm.. wanted to have a remembrance that we -" I am stuttering of course.

But what shocked me is when he stand up, move his chair beside me, sits down again and started to take a selfie with me. "Oh wait! Am not ready yet." I exclaimed.

But he didn't mind me and just keep pressing the click button. And go back to his previous position after.

"Give me your social media account and I'll just send the pictures to you." He said. I just nodded. And he looks at the screen of his cellphone intently and said "Why you always looks so good."

Mind you. It's a statement, not a question.

"I'll drive you home later." He declares!

"Oh no! I have to go to work later!" I protested.

"What a coincident! I'll go there too later! I have to run some errands!" He replied smirking.

But before I could say anything our orders came and we started to eat silently, while listening to the cafe's background music ILYSB by Lany. Our situation feels so awkwardly good as the song fills my ears throughout my heart. And I felt that my heart does really hurts so good right now. And I'm loving it, so bad. And I love him more, so bad.

_______________
__________
_____

This chapter is one of my fave. Hope you like it too.

Xoxo 💋