40.

Austin's Pov:

My feelings for her went back to the darkness. The next school day, I just wanted to continue the same routine. I remembered myself sitting on my car hood waiting for Gab. Then I was startled by Betty approaching me. She sat beside me and began flirting with me. But just like before I didn't mind her. I know she's one of those clingy bitches who'll hold on to me if I attempt to hook up with her. So it's a big no for me and her.

But the one I can't admit that I'm waiting for came, with her friends ofcourse. I can't take my eyes off her. As usual, she looks so pretty with even wearing just our uniform. But I remembered her rejecting me. So to show her that she doesn't matter to me. I lean on the girl beside me and began kissing her. And she looks at me like she wanted to cry so badly. Then she walks out, going inside the school building. Why'd she look like she's in pain and about to cry? She really is a puzzle to me.

I let go of Betty when she wasn't on sight anymore. Stand up and walk somewhere without even saying a word.

It pains me more to know that she choses basketball team over ours. There's a rumour going around the campus that the captain of basketball team has a crush on her too. I didn't do anything about it because he didn't even come near her ever. So I thought it's just gossips. Not until that day. I decided not to meddle on that because maybe it's him that she really likes. So I must give up.

And even though I am disappointed at her by not choosing my team, she made me so happy by just showing up half of our game. And that's enough for me.

But then I saw her infront of my house going down Ronald's car, after Gab announced that he's throwing a party at my own house. I was in my rooms balcony then, I just hide to my room, avoiding to witness the anticipated sweetness of that two. And letting gab entertain all out schoolmates that came.

But Gabby came knocking at my door telling me that he will make me happy tonight. So I go out and I didn't even know that we'll be doing a game that will let us be alone for ten minutes.

It's all planned by Gabby.

I got to touch her again. To kiss and feel her. Thank God she's not even avoiding my advances to her. And I have to thank Gab for giving me the opportunity to be with her.

But after that, rumours about her flirting on hot guys came out. She even got to be cornered by the slutty group. And I must thank her friend for rescuing her.

When that news came to me, I quickly texted the number that's stored in my phone for ages, that I was tempted and hesitated to text a million times, to ask if she's okay. Cause I wasn't there, and I must admit I'm doing everything for her not to be bullied by those jealous whores.

I am her guardian angel, watching over her for so many years. I am protecting her without her knowing it. I am like a shadow of her. Always at her back. And always admiring her, capturing her every move with my phone.

The day before something happened to us, the school papers publication requested to have a copy of the magazines that Gwen and I was covered way way back then. And I submitted it myself. That's where and when I saw the picture of that bastard and her hugging each other. And a picture of me and her the moment we go out of the cupboard at the 7minutes to heaven game. They're going to feature all the popular students in the school's monthly newspaper, including me and her.

Being her night in shinning armour. I threatened them that if they released the news paper with that photo, I'll do something about it. It will ruined her reputation if they'll going to publish the photos of us and them at the same time. She will be named hilariously for flirting with the football's quarterback and basketball's captain. I don't want that to happened. I have to protect her in everyway that I can, even if I only have few months to be here on the school.

But even though I have a feeling that it's Ronald that he likes - I assumed coz I always see them smiling at each other - I still felt hurt seeing that photo. That night I went to the club alone. Except for I am not so alone coz I bring my driver incase I got wastedly drunk.

I have drunk few shots of the brandy when I decided to check on my phone and saw a text from her that was sent almost 3hrs ago.

Her:
Hi

________________
__________
_____

I hope he doesn't sound a creepy stalker

💋