The New Girl In Town

I stare at my reflection in the mirror as the curls of my hair fade away, converting into flat hair. I turn the flat iron off and place it in my vanity, taking a look of my new hair. I don't love it but I said to myself but if  I was gonna start fresh here in Beacon Hills. I had said goodbye to my  loose curls and my old self, the sarcastic, bitchy old Katherine. I've been here in Beacon Hills for 2 weeks now, taking the time to settle down before starting to do things I didn't used to. Like going to a normal high school, all my life I been home schooled, my parents traveled too much because of work. I even got one year with out studying but that doesn't matter now, now I can do whatever I want. I stare at myself one more time, trying to hide that serious expression in my face. 

I'll start fresh, be someone new, that's the only way I will make it through. I thought to myself, fake a smile, trying to convince me that I'm fine. Fine with my parents death, my past, the things I've done and the fact that I'm all alone in this town, in the world. Sighing hard, I turned and grabbed my leather jacket, bag and keys, then head out of my apartment and got into my brand new truck. I been emancipated for a month now, my parents died 3 months ago. They were very wealthy, leaving me with a big mount of money to survive.. 

My place is near the school so I was at it in no time, parked and headed to the office for my school schedule.  

''Good morning.'' I said in front of the secretary who's head is down reading some papers

She raised her head slowly ''Good morning, how may I help you?'' 

''I'm new, I send via fax all my papers and I'm looking for my class schedule.'' I replied 

''What's your name?'' she asked looking through the files

''Katherine Pierce'' 

The secretary raise her head again ''You're that emancipated girl right? and yeah is somewhere here... Let me look.'' 

'That emancipated girl'? haven't been 5 minutes here and I already have a nickname... I took a deep breath and nod, ''yeah.''

''How's that?'' she seems very curious

''Awesome, can I have my schedule?'' I replied not wanting to share my life with the secretary.

She raised both of her eyebrows and nod, going back to look for the schedule till she found it. ''Here ya go, first class, P.E.'' 

''Thanks.'' I grab the paper and turned around to look my locker first.  

I wasn't expecting having P.E. as the first class of the morning but I might get something good out of it, like a morning work out. I can fell and see the gazes on me as I walk down the hall, hmm so this is how it feels to be new in a school. I ignored the gazes and kept walking with my head up high. In the paper says my locker number is 243, I managed to found it pretty quickly. What I didn't find quickly was the P.E classroom took me about 6 more minutes after the bell sound. Taking a deep breath I opened the classroom door and everyone stare at me, instantly. 

''Who are you?'' The man with gym clothes asked me

''Katherine Pierce, I'm new.'' I replied 

''Oh, well, go get changed we're going to the gym.'' With that he passed next to me and walked out. 

Great, girls locker room. Having to change in front of them doesn't bother me, what bothers me is my scars which I have all over my body. The business my family used to run wasn't the safest or prettiest and gave me a lot of scars between the years since I turned 14. I once again have found my way to the girls lockers, lucky me they were all gone by now. I changed quickly into a tank top and long leggings, my arms were the only space with out scars. I joined the group of students at the gym. They all are staring at this giant wall that my logic says we are suppose to climb.