Home Sweet Home

I didn't slept last night, after the stupid weird choice I'd make by calling Derek. My elbows are resting on top of the counter as I sip my coffee. At this moment I have no make up, I might be a werewolf but that doesn't mean I don't get dark circles below my eyes.

"Mmm..." Amelia sniff the air as she strolls in, "Coffee."

I didn't said nothing, just kept drinking mine. She's by the other side of the counter, pouring herself a cup of coffee. Isaac's still in bed, I know that because I can hear him snoring. Amelia turned to face me, instantly her eyes widened.

"What the hell happened to you?" she asked with her cup on one hand and the other on top of the counter.

I place my cup over the counter. "I did something stupid."

Amelia's eyebrows pinched, her head lightly leaning in. "What did you do?"

"I..." A sigh came out before words could. "I called Derek last night."

She almost dropped her cup but I caught it, the warm burned my skin a little bit before I'd placed it on top of the counter.

"Did you guys talked..?" she asked, grabbing her cup slowly.

I look down and shook my head. "I hung up the second I heard his voice."

Now her face expression is weird. "Why?"

"I freaked out, okay! It's been three months since I know or hear his voice and I freaked out." I stood up and walk around, feeling my frustration rushing over me.

"Hey." Amelia reached me. "Is normal to freak out... Is okay."

I was about to speak but my phone started to ring, reaching over it I saw Damon's name on the screen. I lick my bottom lip quickly before answering. "Hey.."

"Hello beautiful." he said with his smooth tone, I smiled but didn't speak. "I have bad news..."

I arched one eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

"I can't flight with you guys tomorrow... A huge gig came up and I couldn't say no." he said

I sighed, tilting my head a bit. "Oh- is okay, no worry I know is your job."

"But- I'm taking the first flight to California once I'm done with this gig. I promise."

"I'll be waiting for you." I replied with a small grin.

I heard a soft chuckle from him. "I'm still taking you to the airport tomorrow tho."

"Perfect."

"It's all set, uh- babe, I have to get back to work. See you tomorrow." he said quickly

"Bye." after that, I hung up.

Leaving my phone over the counter, I glance at Amelia who's waiting for me to tell her what he said. "Damon's not coming with us. Work stuff."

"You're upset?" she asked taking a step towards me.

I shrug, hugging myself. "I don't know.. I wanted him to flight with us but- I don't know."

"Well.. We still have to finish packing." Amelia said, trying some how to light up my mood.

"I'm already finished."

"Then help me and Isaac because we're a mess." she said walking to their bedroom.

"Is going to be weird, you two going to the same school and living together, and dating." I told her as I walk my way over their room.

Amelia spin around with a grin. "I know right? I love it."

__________________

The buzzing sound of the airplane landing is getting over my nerves. And I thought the flight back home would be easier but it wasn't, I'd still had flashing claws moments. I'm not the only one, Isaac was struggling a bit too. A voice saying we landed spoke through the speaker, I sighed of relief. A flashback from my goodbyes with Damon crossed my mind. That bittersweet feeling rushed through me. I don't love him but I like him and I'm going to miss him till he gets here.

| AMELIA POV |

We went straight to Katherine's apartment to left our baggage. Isaac and I were hungry and decided to get something to eat. We asked my sister but she didn't felt like going back to the streets of Beacon Hills. Not just yet. She told us she was tired but Isaac and I know the truth, she don't wants to bump into Derek.

As Isaac and I walked through the streets. The memories of the last time I saw Derek kind of haunted me.

"What are you thinking about?" Isaac asked me

My eyes are on the floor and I have my arms crossed onto my chest. "I-I know the real reason why Derek broke up with Katherine..."

"What?!" Isaac stopped walking by my side and faced me.

"Yea..." I groaned. "He told me he did it for her own good. Derek didn't said the specifics but he said, he didn't wanted to harm her."

"Does that have something to do with him evolving?" Isaac's eyebrows pinched, concerned.

I shrug. "He said something like that... He said he'll get his shit together and fix things up with Katherine."

"Damn it Amelia... She'll be pissed when she knows that you been keeping that from her." Isaac exclaimed

"I know! And I know her! If I'd told her that, she would have come here the second and try to help him." I exclaimed back

Isaac shook his head, "You're right."

"Are you going to tell her...?" I asked my tone kind of shy.

"I hate keeping secrets from Katherine but... we can't tell her." he sighed, "First we have to make sure he's fine."

_______________________________

You guys don't know how happy makes me feel to read your comments saying you love this fan fiction. Things like that motivate me to keep writing constantly lol. I hope you guys like this chapter, Kat is back at Beacon Hills........... with no Damon, hmmm.... ;)

PS. I'm learning how to create gifs so I can place them here!!!!!