Don't Forget The After Party

Everything went slow motion since the second Derek kneeled down on one knee. But when he said those five words my heart stopped asking myself if this is a dream or real life. The love of my life is still staring at me, smiling and waiting for my answer. I nodded, "Yes!" and hugged him tight as my non-werewolf strength let me.

"Aweee's" and applause were the only thing I've could heard till Derek kissed me and whispered "I love you" on my lips. Breaking the kiss, he stepped back and took the gorgeous ring out of its box. Once it was out, he gently grabbed my left hand and slides the diamond ring in the finger it belongs. I couldn't help but stare at it for a long second, taking in its beauty. "Is beautiful" I told Derek.

He kissed me one more time before saying, "Just like you."

After those words all our friends approached us, with congratulations and hugs. My sister hugged me tightly, "You knew didn't you?" I asked her, she shrugged, "It was all a plan." Amelia replied.

My jaw dropped, "The entire thing?"

"The entire thing," Lydia's mom joined us, "congratulations."

"Thank you" I replied, still a bit shocked that everyone played me. After all our friends congratulated us, the party kept going.

-

Derek and I stayed for Lydia's coronation and a couple songs more till we decided it was time for us to go home. Tonight has been magnificent, the entire ride home I've been gazing down at my ring, "We're engaged" I whispered, my wide smile intact. "Yes we are" Derek said, holding my left hand.

"I can't believe it... When did you thought about it? When you even bought this amazing ring?" I looked at him, Derek slightly smirked.

"Bought it months ago, I was at downtown and I came across this jewelry store, saw the ring from outside and I knew it was for you." He quickly glanced at me, giving me a wink. "Then store it in the family safe down at vault."

"Why didn't you just propose right away?"

Another glance, "Because I knew you weren't ready, you told me that when we had a talk about it last year."

"And what told you I'm ready now?" I looked at him.

"I really don't know... I just needed to say how I feel about you but I just didn't want to say it – I wanted to do something that tells you how much I loved you and this was the only thing big enough." Derek told me, "We don't have to get married tomorrow; I'll wait till you're completely ready." Leaning towards him, I kissed his scruff cheek; it didn't pass long to get home. Derek opened the door for me being an amazing gentleman.

We got inside our home and then walked up to our bedroom, I smirked when I remembered the surprised I had underneath this dress, obviously didn't forgot the 'after party' plans fooled me into going to the prom. "Baby... Can you unzip me?"

"Sure" Derek replied clueless since this is a usual habit for us, "Your tattoo looks good with the dress, forgot to tell you." I smirked, feeling his touch and how he went from fast unzipping my dress to slowly unzipping it when he noticed the new black laced lingerie I've bought for this night. "Wow..."

Slowly I got out of my huge gown, "What? Thought you were the only one with surprises tonight?" I taunted, Derek scanned me up and down, his eyes filled with lust. He pulls me closer to him by grabbing the back of my neck,  kissing me. Our make out section went from that to making love most of the night, good thing we're werewolves and don't get tired that easy. 

______________________________________

A/N: 

Hey, guys! I'm soooo happy you guys really liked Derek's proposal to Kat. I've been wanting to start this chapter of their lives since the day I decided to write this fan fiction. Wedding and kids have always been a goal for this story and is finally getting to that point and I'm so excited you guys are into the whole idea. Once again, thank you for reading. Xoxo.