A Very Special Night

I've run from my life so many times it even feels weird when there's nobody trying to kill us. Tonight isn't no different, just that this creature is two times bigger than any of us; even bigger than the giant beast the twins used to create once they merged their bodies together. At the last minute the girls decided not to show and help Lydia with the prom business, which would be the smartest decision they could make. "What the hell is that thing?!" I shouted as we kept running from it.

"I don't know, just keep running!" Derek also shouted, running next to me.

"We're getting closer to the cliff" Marcos warned, who's a couple inches in front of us.

We weren't closer, we were in front of it, "JUMP!" I yelled as the five of us jumped – everything turned into slow motion till I landed on the cliff, "I have to admit that was pretty cool." I panted, hanging from a tree root like an monkey.

"Katherine is the only person who can find amusement from running for her life." Isaac said, also hanging from a root.

"Shut up, is it still after us?" I turned my head - trying to find it with my glowing eyes.

"Yep" Marcos said

"Guys..." Scott panted, "I think he's going to jump too."

There's when I spotted him, staring at us with an vicious silver glowing eyes.

"We have to let go..." Derek said

"Are you insane?!" Isaac shouted.

"JUST DO IT" Derek yelled, grabbing my arm and wrapping me with his arms, the impact was brutal and painful for both of us, for situations like this is why I hate the Luna connection sometimes. "How's your back?" He grunted, I took a deep breath in - "Broken as yours" I also grunted, feeling every bone in my back cracked. Seconds later Marcos, Isaac and Scott landed hitting the floor as badly as Derek did - and since is no shocker, they also broke several bones. "I feel stupid asking this, can any of you can stand or even walk?"

"No." The four guys said at the same time.

"Great"

We lay on the ground for about two hours, to be honest I think I passed out on the half hour. When I woke up Derek had carried me and placed me in the truck. "That thing might smell like a werewolf but is definitely not one." I told the guys as we strolled inside, I went directly into the kitchen to get this men something to drink. Derek's bone healed quickly than the others since it doesn't sting as much as it did hours before. They all stayed in the lounge area, dropping to the couches – I knew they were still some bones to heal when they all grunted when they sat.

"Here" I gave the water bottles around and careful sat next to Derek afterwards. "I have to question about that thing. Who is it? And, How do we kill it?" Instantly Scott glared at me with his judgy eyes, I clicked my tongue and rolled my eyes. "Sorry, forgot the 'not killing anybody' resolution."

"What if we don't find a way to put him down? Don't think Eichen House can contain that thing." Marcos said.

"Nobody is killing anyone." Scott said

"Broken record Scott" I sighed - "Anyway, let's just focus on finding a way to defeat him..." Once again I felt Scott's glare, "without killing it."

Scott stood up, "Let's hope it doesn't show up in the middle of prom." He glanced at me, "You're going right?"

"No." I said

"Why?" Scott, Isaac and even Marcos asked.

Biting my lower lip, I shrugged; "Derek can't go and I won't be going without a date."