You Learn Something New Everyday

I shouted, "And kick!" as I did it and the 10 something little girls and boys who are following my lead also kicked their little knees. A slight smile crossed my face when I saw Leila who couldn't make the kick like the others and also fell to the ground. All the kids started to laugh, frowning I approached her side and help her stand up. "It's okay, check this out." I turned and kicked, letting myself go to the ground, turn with a leg straight up. Gaining the "wow's" of the kids. "You're my inspiration."

"I could never do that." She whispered looking down.

I sighed, holding her face gently. "Sure you can, you have to believe you can." Leila gazed at my eyes, breathing heavily and trying it again with no luck. "Practice makes perfection, let's try it together." Another deep breath and we started doing the fighting moves; I slowed it down for her. After a couple more tries she caught up.

"Thank you!" Her smooth and cute voice filled me with light as her short arms hugged me.

"Every time sweetie" I told her, walking in front of the other kids, "One more time before we go to get ready for dinner, okay?" All the kids went crazy yelling 'Yeah!' In the middle of the routine all the kids stopped and went pretty quiet. I turned to see Derek standing by the gate, in a tux, with a smirk and a bouquet of roses on his hands. "And that's it for today's last lesson." I turned to the not so happy kids.

"We are going to miss you, Ms. Pierce." A little boy spoke.

I smiled, "Call me Kat, sweetie and I'll miss all of you but I promise I'll be back soon, okay?"

"Pinky promise?" Leila steps forward, raising her pinky.

I chuckled, kneeling down to her. "Pinky promise." Once again she hugged me but this time all the kids joined her. "All right, see you guys later at dinner."

"I'm sorry kids, but Kat won't be joining you guys for dinner." Derek spoke

I frowned, "And that's because...?"

We got closer to another, he gave me the bouquet of roses, "We have a special evening planned."

Biting my bottom lip, I love it when he gets all romantic and spontaneous. "I'll see you tomorrow before leaving kids." A couple of them complained yet kept running to their parents. "So, what's the plan?" I asked playfully.

Derek smirked, "First you have to get ready, there's something waiting for you in the room."

I couldn't help but get on my toes and kiss him, then run away to the room. Once there, I bumped into a big box in the middle of our bed. My smile was intact till I opened the box and revealed an amazing red dress.

After getting ready for my special date with Derek, I found a card saying "Follow the rose petals and you'll find me. – D.H" The suspense is killing me but at the same time is exciting and I love it. Grabbing my coat, I open the door and saw the red rose petals on the floor, following them for a short while I found Derek. Standing in front of a nice little table, the entire place lighted up with candles and surrounded by petals.

"You waited too long?" I asked, reaching him slowly.

He blinked softly, holding me, "I'll wait an eternity for you if I have to, Kat." I sighed at his consuming words.

"What is all this about, Derek?" I asked, having a seat.

Derek looked around, shrugging. "I just wanted to have a special night in this special place before leaving."

"Wine?" A well known voice joined, Marcos is standing in front of us, also with a tuxedo and holding the bottle of wine. Looking serious yet smirking, like a waiter.