The Set Up

"Kat, take a picture of us!" Amelia shouted as she posed with Isaac below the Eiffel tower. 

Taking my cellphone out I grinned at this two. Quickly I took the picture and thumb up for them to know it was a good one. Isaac and Amelia kept talking and laughing, I smiled at their happiness. Over the last month in France they have bonded a lot and I couldn't be more happy about it. 

"I don't understand why are you taking a picture." A male voice spoke behind me.

I spun quickly at the same time hiding my werewolf senses. It was a man on his twenties, pale skin, grey calculative eyes, black hair. Arching an eyebrow I put my phone inside my bag. "Pardon?"

"Such a beauty should be in front the camera, not behind it." he finished his pick up line with a smug smirk.

A scoff escape my lips. "That's by far the lamest pick up line I'd heard today." 

"But you got one at least." he said back, again with a smirk on his face. "Damon, Damon Salvatore."

I glance down at his hand waiting for mine to shake it. I narrow my eyes, staring at his grey eyes one more time before turning and start to walk over Isaac and Amelia. I tilt my head a bit, I know he's following me.

"Damon! It was about time." Isaac shouted walking besides me.

I could swear my heart stopped, same as my body. 

"Hello Isaac, sorry for being late- got caught up in traffic." I heard Damon say.

"Who's the hot guy?" Amelia whisper next to me.

"No idea." I said under my breath. "He's not hot." 

Amelia gave me a 'are you serious?" look. "Are you going blind?"

"You know Isaac has super hearing right?" I asked with my eyes sticked to Isaac interacting with this mysterious guy.

"Isaac's cuter." she said 

Isaac and Damon exchange a few words before turning to us. 

"Katherine, Amelia, this is Damon- he lives in the same building as me." Isaac greeted us. 

I looked away when Damon approach my sister and exchange her hand. Amelia as always so friendly shook it back. 

"Nice to meet you Katherine." Damon's voice caught my attention. 

I glanced back at his pale hand.

"Katherine... he's a friend of mine." Isaac whisper low enough for only me to hear. 

I sighed and shake Damon's hand. "So... you're Isaac's friend / neighbor?"

"Yes." Damon replied (with her usual smirk), "He told me he had relatives visiting on the summer... Are you his relative?"

"Yes. Older sister and she's my sister." I said looking back to Amelia who's now on a hugging section with Isaac. 

"Your brothers are dating?" Damon asked with a confused half smile.

"No!" I exclaim quickly. "Uh- Isaac is adopted... Long story."

Damon raised his black eyebrows. "Hmm."

"I'm not adopted, I'm just like a brother to her." Isaac joined us, with his arm over my sister's shoulder. 

"I'm starving!" Amelia exclaimed in an unusual tune.

"Me to." I said, it's actually truth.

"I haven't had breakfast." Damon spoke

I look at her with narrow eyes.

"Well... I wanted to show you this amazing place darling." Isaac told my sister

I bite my bottom lip, understanding were this is going. 

"Uh- Well.. Damon, you can take my sister to lunch?" Amelia asked Damon

I glare at her with my eyes widened. 

"Sure." Damon replied quickly, giving me a look.

"Perfect! Have a great time you too." Amelia exclaimed and turned, walking away with Isaac.

I wanted to say something back but it was too late, they were already gone. I turned back to Damon who's staring at me with his usual smirk. I only met him for 5 minutes and I already know that's his usual look. 

"I think we just got played." Damon told me

I arched an eyebrow and kept walking. "Please, don't tell me you didn't know." 

"I swear." he said with a hand raised.

If I didn't heard his heart raising I'd say he's bluffing but he's not. 

"So... When you talked to me, you didn't know who I was?" I asked him as we walked.

"Nope." he popped the 'p', "I thought you were stunning and went for it. You being my friend 'sister' was just a bonus."

I kept my face straight at his comment. "So, what about that meal?"

Damon bite the insides of his lip. "Do you like bars?"

"Course." I replied with a smirk.

"I know the perfect one, follow me." he started leading the way and I follow.

__________________________

I know is a shortie... but I just wanted to get the 'meet up' of this new character with Katherine. YES HIS NAME IS DAMON SALVATORE, IS PLAYED BY IAN SOMERHALDER, NO, HE'S NOT A VAMPIRE ... He's just a typical VERY HOT guy from France.  Who happens to be Isaac's neighbor. 

FYI, All his words have that french accent.