I'm Brilliant Like That

The memories of last night's events flashed through my mind all night. On a rush my eyes got open, gazing at Derek's high ceiling. The loft is still dark, I bet it's not even four in the morning. Slowly I unwrapped his arms from my waist, trying not to wake him up. I tip toe into the bathroom and showered, then put on work out clothes. "Going for a run, need to think. - K." I left the piece of paper with my note over the steel table before grabbing my bag and walked out.

I felt free at this moment, breathing the fresh air of the woods, running through the big trees. I've lost time cause the sunrise started. I sighed, catching my breath on the Hale stair steps. Thinking about those crazy people or like Malia calls them, 'people in masks' turning teenagers into chimeras. Like Deaton said, the rules have changed. Standing up, I got inside and went downstairs to the basement. Couple weeks ago Derek and I decided to move my safe house arsenal here. Since is a middle point between his place and mine. Tuning on the light, I glanced over all the guns hanging on the walls.

What if we need to put them down? Knowing Scott he'll probably let a beast kill him before killing them himself. Just because he doesn't believe in killing. I don't believe in killing either but at the same time, if is between me, or one of mine, I'd rather make exceptions. I kept looking around till I found a bottle of anesthesia, needles and lots of darts. "Hmm... Maybe we don't have to kill them after all."

I started working on darts to put this chimeras down in a non-lethal way. Invested by my little weapon project I lost track of time, again. This remind me of the old days. I turned my head when my phone started to ring, at first I thought it was Derek but is Stiles instead. Pursing my lips and frowning, I pick up. "This is weird, you calling me."

"Hey..." Stiles voice low and weird, "I need to talk..."

Straightening my posture, I gaze at the rifle in front of me, "I'm at the Hale house in the woods, you can come by."

"I'm on my way." He replied, "And Stiles," I added, "What?" He asked, "Bring food." After that I hang up and kept working on the darts. I also looked around and found a dust that is another anesthesia but in powder. I was in the middle of starting to get the powder inside bullets caskets when I heard Stiles jeep on front. I clapped away the dust of as I stood up and head upstairs.

"Home delivery anyone?" Stiles head peek as he walked in. He closed the door and handed over the bag of food.

"Thanks." I grabbed the bag, "How much I owe you?"

"$20 bucks, delivery and stuff." Stiles said with sarcasm, I smirked, handing over 20 bucks. "I was joking..."

"I know, keep it anyway." I sat by the kitchen.

"Then call me anytime you need delivery." He said. Nobody except Derek, Amelia, Isaac or Theo have been inside this house after the re-construction. Like is expected, Stiles is observing every detail of the house as he strolled into the kitchen. "Wow" He exclaimed, "It looks so..."

"Clean and not burned?" I finished the question, biting a french fries.

"Yeah!" Stiles replied, "Is it true?"

"What?"

"That is you re-built the house like it was before the fire?" Stiles asked

I nod, "Yeap, the decoration was more Derek and I." 

"I can see that." Stiles said, glancing at the wolf figure by the living room.

I scoffed, "You came to talk about the house or what?" Stiles gave me a strange look, I can smell anxiety on him, also his heart started pounding like crazy. It worried me, "Hey.. Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine..." He mutter, walking around. "Uh- Where's Derek?"

"At the loft, I went for a run, ended up here." I said, "Got this idea on how to take down chimeras, on a non-lethal way."

His eyes widened, "How?"

"Follow me." I lead him downstairs into the basement.

"Woah" He exclaimed at the sight of all this guns.

Another smirk grew on me, "Don't tell me guns freak you out?"

"No, but a room full of guns might." His sarcasm popped a bit. I stood by the table in the middle of the room, grabbing a dart I showed it to him. "Darts? That's your brilliant idea?"

I rolled my eyes, "This would put down an elephant. If this things are just humans with bit of extra and twisted power... This thing would put them to nap, instantly." Stiles nod, holding his shoulder, there's when I smelled the blood. "What's up with the shoulder?"

He froze on me, "Jeep died on me again, almost took my head off."

I narrow my eyes, "Or just say is non of my business, I can hear your heart beat."

"Yeah- Sometimes I forget you're a werewolf." He said tilting towards the guns. I smirked. "Um- I think the dart idea is pretty good."

"I'm brilliant like that and since your best friend doesn't like to spill blood, this is the only thing weapon I thought would work." I stare at him, who's look is lost over the rifle. "Seriously dude, are you okay?"

"No- Is just everything, these dread doctors... We don't know anything about them." Stiles mutter.

"Yeah- Is not like that visit to Eichen House helped." I said under my breath, Scott called Derek saying everything went south. That the dread doctors used Kira to walk through the front door.

"They only told us to read the book... Actually, we're meeting at Scott's house tonight to do that." Stiles said.

I lift my eyebrows, "I'll come by with Derek."

"What about Amelia and Isaac?" Stiles asked.

I sighed, "I want my sister far as possible from this mess and if that book makes people hallucinate crazy things... She or Isaac can't read them." I cross my arms onto my chest, "Last thing we need is Amelia shooting everyone or Isaac looking himself on a freezer."

"What about you?" Stiles frowned.

"What about me?" I arched an brow.

Stiles gave me a flat look, "What would you hallucinate of?"

I sighed softly, "I have a list... And it starts with my crazy father."

"He was that bad?" Stiles asked.

"He made me kill people for a living Stiles at sixteen. My childhood? Was waking up at 5am to train and learn how to kill people..." I look at his eyes, "Yes, he was that bad."

"I'm sorry..." Stiles said softly.

"Is not like is your fault." I smiled slightly.

He looked down for a moment, "Do you think Scott would forgive if any of us.. Killed someone on self defense?"

That question got me off of guard, I tilt my head- "I think so... Not everyone can be saved, there's people who enjoy to be bad. Scott? He can't save everyone, I think that's something he hasn't gotten yet." I took a pause, "One thing I've learn on these past years in this supernatural life, is the life of those I care about or the ones wanting to kill us... I'll always pick the life of mine first."

Stiles stayed in silence for a long while, processing my words I guess. "Thanks Katherine, I-I'll see you at Scott's."

_____________________________

hope everyone enjoys it ;) 

This chapter is number 70. I just can't believe I'm on chapter 70, feels like yesterday when I was brainstorming about this fan fiction while I re-watched the show. I just want to say, thank you for reading and supporting this fic. I truly appreciate every single vote, comment, follow, and read.  Love you guys. Kisses.