New Home

- - -  Author's Note: IT'S HERE! AFTER SO LONG. IT'S FINALLY HERE. I'll be doing a TEN CHAPTER final goodbye to this story. I wanted to give it my own spin, so instead of being in the present, it will be on a 'Fifteen Year' after lapse. I hope you guys like my vision for this last final chapters of this story. I've said this before, this is my baby, my first and longest fan fiction... It's bittersweet to be writing the last chapters of it. I hope you guys like it. Please leave feedback? - - - - 

 Please leave feedback? - - - - 

"I'm going to miss this place." Katherine Hale with her tongue tied.

Couple of memories flashing inside her head as she walked one last time through the house.

It was where they conceived their children, where they went after their amazing honeymoon, where they've been husband and wife for two years. But it wasn't safe anymore, Beacon Hills wasn't safe anymore and for the sake of their family, leaving seemed like the best decision.

Katherine felt Derek's strong arm wrapping her from behind. Derek laid his chin over her shoulder, both stood in the middle of the living room in silence. The only sound being their breaths and heart beats. She was okay with leaving her life here, because she was with him.

Even though leaving seemed like the best decision, it was the hardest.

"To many memories." Derek said with a deep tone.

Katherine laid her hands above Derek's. "We are late for our flight."

"Being five minutes late won't do any harm." Derek said.

She agreed as her forehead touched his, both reminiscing on the great times and even the bad ones. The moment when Katherine walked down the stairs on the night of her prom. All the times when they entered the house with fatal wounds after dealing with Beacon Hills threats. The moment after their twins were born and they welcomed them to the house for the first time. Now it was the moment to say goodbye...

Katherine turned, kissing Derek's lips before picking up her purse from the couch and walking out of the house. Her eyes met with Marcos who played with his grandchildren in the backseat of the car. It was in that moment when it got to her, her home was where her family was.

/ / / / FIFTEEN YEARS LATER / / / /

"Kids! How many times do should I repeat myself? The gun rage is out of limits!"

Katherine's shout was loud enough to get through to her two children with super hearing voice. She smirked when Talia and Gideon whispered to themselves 'How does she knows?'. Katherine was giving the dinner of that night the last touches, as her kids were yet again snooping the gun rage in the basement.

Fifteen years have passed since Katherine and Derek moved their family to Brazil. Amelia and Isaac spent the first three years in Brazil before deciding to move to Paris. Even though the couple moved away, they always made trips to visit.