Run.

(Noah's pov)

"You sure untying her and bringing her to the bar is the best option?" Matt asks as he chugs his soda.

"She needs to be where I can keep an eye on her." My voice is stern as I watch Amara take her shot at pool.

"We can't run forever Noah, especially since you have the flashdrive." My friend whispers so only I can hear. "What are you going to do if when they catch up? What if they kill her?"

"They won't." I hiss

"What if they do?" He snaps back.

"Then I'll hunt down what they love and take it from them, after I'll hunt them down and kill them."

Before either of us can continue, Matt's phone starts to ring.

"Why did you bring that?" I growl, yanking the device away from him.

"It's my fake phone."

"Answer it." Shoving it back into his hands I grab my soda.

"Hello?" Matt eyes me worriedly. "No, I can't say that I have seen him."

I bet on my life that's Veronica on the phone.

"I'll keep an eye out for him." Hanging up, he eyes me. "That was the boss." He speaks slowly. "You weren't at your place and Amara wasn't at her house. So, the boss is searching for you. It sounded like she was on the road."

Pulling out the tracker, I watch the blinking light. It still hasn't moved, she's hitching a ride.

"We need to go." I shove the tracker in my pocket and dart to Amara's side.

"Oh, it's you." She rolls her green eyes at me before knocking a ball in the hole.

"We're leaving." I try to stay calm so she doesn't get freaked out.

"I'm not going anywhere."

Gently grabbing her arm, I pull her close to me. With her chest pressed against me, I whisper in her ear.

"I'm not fucking around anymore, there are people coming after us. If you want to stay alive, then shut up and do as I say."

"Noah, get down." Matt yells loudly.

Confused, but smart enough to listen, I pull Amara under the table with me. With in seconds loud gun fire and screams fill the room.

"What's going on?" She yells as she hugs her knees. Her eyes start to gloss over, forming tears.

"I'm going to keep you safe." I yell over the gun shots and blood curdling screams. Pulling her onto my lap, I whip out a gun from pants and heave us both up in a squatting position. "Don't let go, and don't open your eyes." I break eye contact, just before she closes her eyes.

Quickly, I stand to my feet, one arm tightly wrapped around Amara's small frame, and the other hand clenching the gun. Knocking over the table, I kicked it to the guy a few feet away. Without needing to aim, I pull the trigger and land the bullet in the middle of his skull.

"Noah, go." Matt yells, covering my back, her opens fire. "I got this you get her out of here."

Doing as he says, I take off for the back door. With Amara in my arms, I run for our lives.

***********

"What are we going to do?" She looks up at me from the rock she's sitting on. "It's almost morning, and I haven't slept, or ate."

"Stop whining." I roll my eyes. "You're alive, be grateful."

"I'm running for my life, and I didn't even do anything." She stands up and marches towards me. "It's freezing outside, I'm scared to death. And I'm out here with someone who used me, lied to and it's suppose to kill me."

Gently grabbing her face between my hands, I hold her still to look at me. "You're pissing me off Amara, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Yes I lied, and used you. That's my job. Yes I was suppose to kill you but I didn't and I won't."

"Why are you helping me? If what we were was all fake-."

"Abel was fake, my feelings for you aren't." I narrow my eyes. "I don't want to see you end up dead."

Shivering, she presses her body against mine. It feels nice and calming, peaceful even.

"I'm only doing this because I'm cold." She doesn't move her head to look at me.

"That's fine."

For a few hours, Amara has managed to wrap herself around me and fallen asleep. It's only a matter of time before we're tracked down and found. If we don't leave soon, we may as well be dead.

Scooping Amara up in my arms, I hug her sleeping body close to my chest. Lightly, I press my lips against her forehead. This didn't have to happen, I should of just gotten the job done and been on my way. I never should of fallen for her, but here I am.

Standing to my feet, I hold her tightly as I ran to the car. Once we make it out of the woods and onto the gravel road, I stop at the car and open the back seat.

"You hate me now, but I was only doing my job. I didn't think I would actually fall in love with you Amara." I whisper as I close her door and get in myself.

I can't wait for Matt any longer, I need to get her out of here. Before I can peel out of here, a few cars pull up with their brights shining through my windshield.

"Get out of the car Noah." Veronica's voice booms.

"If I were you, I'd get in your car." I growl as I start my engine.

"I don't want to shoot you Noah."

"But you will, won't you? Because that's what you do, that's what this agency does." I yelled.

Pulling out her gun, she cocks it. "Don't make me do this." She speaks softly.

Instead of pointing the barrel towards me, she aims it at the woman in my back seat.

"I'll give you the flash drive, just let her live." I throw my door open and dart infront of Amara's.

"She knows too much, she can't run around blabbing." Veronica looks at the brunette sleeping. "Grab her." She nods to the three men with her in ski masks.

"You got it boss." Again, that familiar voice, where do I know it from?

"Don't fucking touch her." I lunge at the man, grabbing him by the arm.

Turning to face me, I can see his green eyes. I know him! I know who he is.. I just can't put my finger on it.

Before I can do anything else, I feel a shot in my back. Instantly, I feel dizzy. Reaching back with my arm, I yank out what feels like a dart, only to have more shot at my back. After a few seconds, everything goes black.