Pricky thorns.

(Noah/Abel's POV)

Pulling into my drive way, I shut my car off and get out. A weird feeling erupts in my stomach. Playing with my keys in my hand, I scout around with my eyes. Everything seems fine...

Walking towards my house, something in the corner of my eye catches my attention. Slowly turning my head, I see Amara's shopping bags on her porch. Now, that probably isn't good. Thinking Erick may of come back, I storm over to her house. This guy can't take a hint can he? Fucking asshole is going to ruin everything.

Stepping on the porch, my guard is up. A thick, black boot print is smudged on the already open door. Cautiously stepping in, I make a right into the living room.

"Amara?" I call out in the silent trashed house.

When she doesn't respond I venture off into the kitchen, there I find two still bodies and a pool of blood. I can feel my muscles tense as I step closer to the girl's body. I know it's her but I feel like I need to confirm it's her. Stepping on the shards of glass around her, I squat down and brush her out of her face. Blood stained the right side of her face as she lays in the dark puddle. From what I can see, most of this is his, which is for some reason relieving to me. Pressing two fingers agaisnt her neck, I check for a pulse. She's got one but it's faint. Doing my best to not cause anymore harm to her, I scoop her up in my arms and leave, shutting and locking the door behind me. Quickly placing her in my car, I hop in and race to the hospital.

***

"Hey I need help here." I call after the fourth nurse to ignore me.

I understand they have people dying her, but there's somebody alive who needs their help. As another nurse is about to pass me, I stop infront of her with Amara in my arms.

"I need you to help her." I growl as I hold up the limp body.

Eyeing me like I'm a crazy person, she immediately calls over another nurse. "Sir I'm so sorry we didn't get to her sooner."

After a few seconds a group of doctors and nurses come rushing through with a hospital bed. As they quickly place her on it, I can hear a doctor whisper to a nurse.

"How could you make her wait? Do you have any idea who her father and mother are?" He growls as they take her away.

One nurse stays behind with a clipboard full of paper. "I need you to fill this out." She says as she hands me the paperwork and pen.

Before I can deny the work, she's already gone. I don't have time for this, jotting something down I run out the door and back to her house.

***************

Dragging the heavy body through the thick metal doors, blood smears on the clean floor. Gripping the guys shirt collar a bit tighter, I drag him to my bosses door.

"Noah? What are you doing here?"

Giving her a glare, I toss the man in her office. "What the fuck Veronica?!" I yell as she shuts her door. "Not only do you send Matt to interfer with my work, you send some hit man to beat her into telling you where the flash drive is?" I cross my arms over my chest as I look at her in disgust. "She doesn't fucking know where it is, Veronica. It's hidden from her too."

Mimicking my actions, my boss crosses her arms over her chest as well. "I don't know what you're talking about Noah, I sent Matt yes. I didn't send this guy, he isn't one of ours." She points her pink painted nail to the guy laying limp on the ground.

"Good thing then huh?" I sneer. "Because he's dead."

"You killed him?" She eyes me sternly.

"I didn't lay a hand on him until I dragged his dead ass here."

"So, she killed him?"

Shrugging, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I've killed hundreds of people. "Yeah, I suppose she did."

Smirking, my boss strides to her desk. "Let her know she killed this man." She pulls something out of her desk. "If she's a good person she'll be filled with guilt and grief, so much so you could get closer to her than you are now."

Normally the idea wouldn't bug me. Actually I usually would go along with it but, I know Amara somewhat and I know this will indeed kill her with guilt.

"That's a little harsh isn't it?" I raise brow and mentally gasp. I hope she didn't hear that come out of my mouth, why would I say that?

"Answer me this Noah." Veronica rest her hands on her desk and leans forward, looking me in the eye. "Are you pissed off that this guy beat the shit out of the girl?"

"What?" I snap. "Of course not, I'm pissed because he could of ruined everything."

Thinking for a second, she chimes back in. "Actually I think he did you a favor, she'll be in the hospital for a few days. This could give you the chance to find that flash drive."

"What about him?" I look at the dead guy on the floor.

"Toss him in with the wolves?" She shrugs and gets back to her paper work. "I'll have the intelligence team find out who he works for."

Taking her for her word, I march out of the building and head back to the hospital. As I enter the bright lit building, a man who kind of resembles Amara is sitting, reading the newspaper.

Knotting my brows together, I go to the front desk. "I'm here for Amara, I was the one who dropped her off."

The same nurse that gave me the paperwork, glares at me from behind the computer screen.

"Sir, last I recall. When I tried to help you, you wrote. 'Fuck that.' on the paperwork. Then you left." She holds the papers to my face.

Yeah, I guess I did do that. "Listen, I'm her boyfriend and I'd really like to make sure she's okay." I lie, gripping the front desk.

"Are you Abel?" The man's voice echoed behind me.

"Who's asking?" I raise a brow at the man.

"I'm Shaun Peeters, Amara's father." He holds out his hand for me to shake.

Fucking, bingo.