Easier said than done.

(Amara's POV)

"Amara, it's so great to see you again." My therapist extends her hand for me to shake.

"It's great to see you too Margot."

Leading me to the couch where I've admitted my darkest secrets and scariest horror stories.

"What do you want to talk about today?" She smiles as she puts on her red, pointy glasses and pulls out her notepad.

Shuffling around, Abel pops up in my mind. I'd like to talk about him, but that's not what needs to be discussed.

"How did the body guard thing go? Did you actually do it this time?"

"Yeah, for one night" I shrug.

Jotting that down in her notebook, she gives me another smile. "I'm proud of you for seeking other's help."

Scoffing, I lay down. "I wouldn't call it seeking help, it was for one night."

"I heard your house  broken into." She confesses.

Snapping my head in her direction, I frown. "How'd you know?"

"The news dear. Do you want to talk about that? They haven't found the man who harmed you, does that frighten you? If I was you, I'd be scared he's coming back."

"It didn't until now." I knot my brows together as I give her an offended look.

"Sorry." She laughs when she sees my expression. "It's just scary."

"I'm not too worried about it." I lie through my teeth.

"Back to the session. Last time we talked about Erick and how to handle the situation. You did as I suggested and it worked, right?"

Pursing my lips together, I nod. "For that night."

"You say you can't go to the police because Erick's father is sheriff right?"

I cringe when I think of my ex's father. I don't personally know the man, I only things Erick's told me. Everytime I met the man, we hardly spoke a word.

"Yeah, that's right."

"Have you tried?" She raises a brow at me.

Shaking my head no, I open my mouth to give her a reason why. "He told me I shouldn't even try, his dad won't care. I mean, who wants their child to be known as an abusive piece of shit."

"Do you think he's the reason for your alcoholism?" She leans forward to look at me.

"I'm not an alcoholic." I snort. "Oh look at the time." I check out my imaginary watch. "I should get going."

Before she can say anymore, I leave the room. Pulling out my phone, I dial Erica's number.

"Hey you want to hang out?" I ask.

"Aren't you in therapy?" She sounds serious. "Amara, you know the deal. Besides, I'm on my way to England. I got called in for a photoshoot."