Help Needed.

(one week later.)

Chugging his bottle of beer, Noah finds himself sitting next to Amara's friend Don and his bimbo girlfriend. Strange enough, Don doesn't annoy him. The man is quiet and just throws back his alcohol, allowing Noah to bask in the silence. Just as he likes.

But, the guy could have information he needs. So, instead of relaxing, he's going to do his job.

"So, you're Amara's friend?" He raises a dark brow at the man.

Scoffing, the curly haired guy shakes his head. "I'd like to think so."

Narrowing his eyes, Noah can tell something is wrong with this guy. Hell a blind man could see something's wrong.

"I can imagine how hard that must be." He chuckles.

"You have no idea."

Oh, but doesn't he? He's been here for a week and this woman is impossible to like. He can only imagine how she must be as a friend.

"She's a great person and an even better friend." Don sighs in defeat. "She just did something really stupid, and she won't let me help her."

Perking his ears like a cat's, Noah turns to the other guy. "What did she do?"

Meeting his brown eyes with who he knows as Abel, he shrugs. What could it possibly hurt to tell this stranger anything? He's hardly know them for a week, what harm could he do?

"She's dating her ex Erick again."

Oh, shit. Noah mentally curses himself. It was hard enough to get close to her when she was single, now she's with someone? How much more impossible can this mission get?

Rubbing his beard covered chin, Noah grunts. "What's so wrong with who she's dating?"

Don shakes his with anger. "He's a piece of shit." The anger in his voice told Noah he wasn't lying.

What can you do though? There's pieces of shit everywhere, can't kill them all. Thinking the conversation is over, Noah gets up to leave.

"I'm sure it'll be different this time." Carrie tries to calm her boyfriend. "She's alot smarter this time."

Raising a brow, Noah sits back down. Maybe this ex of hers is working with her father. He could probably get information from this guy.

"Who did you say her ex was?" He brown eyes dart to Don's.

"Erick Kurt." Don speaks slowly, a bit confused as to why Abel would need his name.

"Great thanks."

************

Knocking on Amara's boyfriend's door, Noah stands tall. How does he go about this? He could be ruthless, beat the guy until he gives up information. Killing him afterwards is a necessity, so he should be ready.

Feeling for his dagger, he reads himself for the worst. When the door swings open, he finds Amara with red puffy eyes, wearing a large football jersey.

"Amara?" He raises a brow at the woman's weakened state.

"Abel, what the hell are you doing here?" She growls, while quickly looking away to wipe her eyes.

"Who's at the door?" Erick yells from another room.

Startled by his voice, Amara jumps. "Um, a delivery guy." She lies through her teeth. "You can't be here." She growls under her breath at the man standing outside.

Crossing his arms over his chest, Noah narrows his brows. "I can go where I please."

"I'm seriously thinking you're following me." Amara places a hand on the door frame to stop him from coming in.

"Maybe I am." He growls dangerously close to her. "Or maybe this was just a coincidence, and I had no fucking idea you'd be here."

"Is everything alright?" Erick raises a blonde brow as he reaches the door. "Where's your package?"

Not breaking eye contact with the small brunette with green eyes, Noah answers the blonde guy.

"I'm here to inform you, you're package was damaged during the shipment. It'll be another week or so before you're newer one arrives." Pissed that things didn't go his way, he flicks his eyes to the blonde guy named Erick. "Have a good day."

****

Once Erick closes his front door, he slowly turns to Amara.

"So who the hell was that?" He clenches his jaw as she speaks calmly.

Alarmed, Amara shrugs. "I don't know, some delivery guy."

Closing in on her, Erick corners her into a wall. With each hand on the wall on either side of her head. He lowers his voice to calm but threatening.

"I didn't order a damn package Amara, is that other one of your guy friends?" His face is dangerously closer to hers.

"I swear, I don't know who he is." Her bottom lip quivers in fear. Her heart feels as though it's repeatedly dropping to the pit of her stomach.

Looking in her green eyes, he takes the chance of believing her. Releasing her, he backs away.

"If I find out you got cozy with that guy." He growls, pointing his finger in her face.

"You'll what?" She snaps. "Hit me?"

"Don't tempt me." He smirks before walking to the other room.

Catching her breath, Amara lays her hand on her chest to calm her heart. What has she gotten herself into?

***********

"Glad to see your back." Don speaks from living room as Amara walks in.

Rolling her eyes, she throws herself on the couch next to him.

"Don't do that." She groans as she throws her head back.

"Don't do what?"

"Don't give me the attitude you're trying to give."

Narrowing his eyes, Don sets his phone down and faces his friend. "Forgive me for not wanting my best friend to go through the hell he put you through."

"Don-."

"Forgive me for not wanting to get a call one day that they found you beaten half to death because Erick can't control his temper."

Rolling her green eyes, Amara groans. "He's not like that anymore."

"Oh I suppose he changed I'm a course of three months?" Don is growing impatient with his friends blind spot.

"People can change." She shrugs before getting up.

"Yeah, but not like that." He shakes his black curly hair before looking back down at his phone, ending the conversation.