Fair or Fair?

(Noah/Abel's POV)
*The girl in the picture isn't Amara, it's just her outfit.*

"I need an update Greene." Veronica barks through the phone. "And and explanation as well."

Pretending to be oblivious, I ignore her second request.

"I'm about to pick her up for a date now." Rolling my eyes, I walk out the door. "So I need to go."

"I need that flash drive." She growls quietly. "If we don't get that flash drive, kiss your job and life goodbye because, if he sells that. We're all dead." Before continuing, she huffs. "We've all made enemies."

With those facts, I hang up the phone and march over to Amara's.

Before I even knock, the door swings wide open. Revealing her best friend and the blonde I hit on at the bar. That's probably not good.

Squinting her eyes, she watches me enter the house. "Have I met you before?" She cocks a blonde brow.

"No, I'm afraid not." I quickly turn around to find the living room.

"She'll be down in a minute, for some reason women take forever." Donny rolls his eyes as he leads me to the couch.

"Donny shut up, you take an hour on your hair alone." The blonde yells from the other room. 

Turning my head, I give the curly haired guy an odd look.

"Thirty minutes tops." He rolls his eyes before pulling out his phone.

Sitting back on the couch, I wait. He wasn't lying, Amara is taking a while. It's something I've grown use to and it's something I don't mind. The longer they take, the less time I spend with them. It all works out in the end.

After a few more minutes, the sound of footsteps causes all of us to perk up. Excitedly, the blonde runs through the living room and takes a seat on the chair near Donny. I'm assuming this isn't something Amara does often, odd. Yeah she's not my type, doesn't mean she isn't attractive. I'm actually surprised she hasn't dated any one besides the blonde douche bag.

"Hurry up." Donny yells.

Reaching over, the girl next to him slaps his arm.

"Fine." Her voice rings through the small hallway hiding the stairs. Seconds later she appears around the corner.

Raising a brow, I take in her appearance. Now, I know I said I'm not one for short, flat, brunettes with snippy attitudes. But I am a man, and she's wearing one sexy ass outfit. The top pushes her breasts together, making them appear larger. Her gray skirt hugs her tightly, outlining her not so flat ass. Scanning down her pale legs, I stop when my eyes reach the shoes she's wearing. The usual boots she always wears, they actually don't look bad with this outfit.

"You need a coat." Donny flies up from the couch and exits the living room.

Standing from the couch casually, I walks towards her. When I stop directly infront of her, her face flushes red. I can't tell if it's with embarrassment or shyness, with her it's probably embarrassment.

"I swear I didn't want to wear this." She rolls her eyes and tucks a strain of her hair behind her ear, a habit I've noticed she's done alot. "Erica thought it would be a great idea, even though it's fall and freezing out."

Normally I wouldn't say this about Amara, but right now I wouldn't mind keeping her warm. She looks different from her usual self, normally she's wearing baggy clothing and jackets. This is the first I've seen her in something girly. Let me makes this very clear, I'm not into her , I'm into her body and that's all.

Giving her a smile, I try to hide the lust I feel towards her right now. There is something wrong with me, I can't stand this little shit head. So much to the point I've decided I'm doing this mission without sleeping her.

**************

I haven't been to one of these in a long time, not since I was a kid anyways. Even then I never found these carnival fairs fun.

As we make it to the entrance, a clown waits by the gate to greet us. Freezing in place, Amara plants her feet in the ground.

What the fuck is that about? Cocking a brow, I look at her and back at the clown. Doing so once more, I follow her eyes back to the clown. Don't tell me she's afraid of fucking clowns!

"Are you coming?" I hold my hand out. "It's just a clown Amara."

Cautiously stepping forwards, she grabs my hand. "I don't like clowns."

"He won't fuck with you." I shoot him a glare for her benefit.

Holding his hands in the air, the clown shakes his head. "I promise I won't mess with you. My job is to stand here anyways." He tries to joke.

"Thanks." Amara gives him a nod without looking at him.

"What would you like to do first?" I ask as we enter the lit up carnival.

Shrugging, she hugs herself tightly. I bet she's regretting turning down the jacket Donny offered. I can tell she's cold just by the goosebumps on her arms and chest. I should offer her my jacket but, then I'd get cold and the goosebumps kinda turn me on.

No, I'm not gonna think like that. "Here take my jacket." Not about her anyways. Shrugging my thick jacket off my shoulders, I wrap it around hers.

"I don't need your jacket." She snips prying it off her shoulders.

And just like that, the Amara I know is back.

"I'm sorry." She closes her eyes tightly as she rubs her forehead. "I'm not use to doing this kind of thing, I haven't dated anyone since Erick and we didn't break up that long ago."

"How did you two even start dating?" I question as we walk further to the game booths.

Stopping infront of one to win a fish, she frowns with narrowed brows.

"It's a messed up story when I really think about it. Not one I want to get into." Meeting my eyes, she shrugs and looks away. "Isn't the first rule when going on a date not to talk about your ex?" She looks back with a smirk.

Feeling the mood lighten, I smile back. "I wouldn't know, I never really dated before."

"I find that hard to believe."

"Believe it, because it's true. I've haven't met a women I've wanted to date." I speak honestly. "Not until now at least." And there's the lie.

Amara's face turns red as she bites her bottom lip. "Can we get funnel cake?" She dodges my 'confession'.

Quickly ditching me with the fish, she darts off to find the funnel cake booth. Rolling my blue eyes, I sigh as I go off to find her.