Noah/Abel's POV.

"You can sleep in here." I say as I kick my bedroom door open after pulling the shard of glass out of her finger down stairs.

"Where's my phone?" She gasps as I drop her on my California king bed. Feeling around her jeans, she sighs before pulling it out of her back pocket.

"I think you should go to sleep." Pulling my side table drawer out, I grab advil and set it on the table.

"I think I finally agree with you on something." She yawns.

Just as I turn away, her phone starts ringing. It's past ten on a Wednesday, who calls around then?

"Hello?" She snaps at the caller as she answers.

I don't know why, but I want to hear the conversation. I can't find it in me to leave the room. Not that I need to, it's my room anyways.

"No, I'm not even home right now. Leave me alone." Amara growls into the phone.

Raising a brow, I think I know exactly who's calling her.

"I'm hanging up now, don't bother going to the bars looking for me. I'm not any of those either." She hurriedly hangs up the phone and meets my eyes.

I know I should feel something, anything really. I know that look should make me break out in rage but it doesn't. Nothing against her, I've just worn out my emotions.

"Well, I'm going down stairs. There's a bathroom on the other side of the room, there's a mini fridge with water and shit to." I point the stuff out around the room.

"Thanks." She mumbles as I turn my back.

Planting myself on the couch, I grab my remote and turn on the TV. I can finally get some peace and quiet after dealing with such an impossible person. She's not loud but, her attitude is a headache of it's own. She's different, I'll give her that I suppose. Maybe too different, how do I get close to her? All the other women just threw themselves at me. Amara makes it so hard to get close to her.

Not mention, she's not my type. That only complicates things. I like the easy women, the job is done faster with easy women. Make a woman fall in love with you, she'll tell you anything.

Just as I'm about to lay down, there's a knock at the door. Why the fuck is someone at my house past ten? Hopefully it's Donny picking up the sleeping drunk in my bed.

Swinging my legs over the couch, they knock again. "I'm fucking coming." I snap as I stand.

Reaching the front door, I unlocked it and swing it open. Narrowing my eyes, I glare down at the blonde guy on my door step.

"What are you doing here?" I growl as I cross my arms to to block my doorway.

"I'm looking for Amara." Erick hisses back, taking a challenging step towards me.

"Why would she be here?" I raise a brow.

"I don't know. I thought maybe she was whoring out since we broke up." He crosses his arms over his chest. "You've been around alot recently, I figured you'd be the first guy she'd hop on."

"Well I'm glad to say, that isn't the case." I give him a fake smile before I go to close the door.

"I know she's here." Erick takes another step closer. "I just want to talk to her."

"She isn't here." I snap.

The urge to squeeze his neck until he's blue in face, was hard to push away. If I was allowed, I would and I wouldn't regret it either.

"You can either leave, or get hurt. Those are your two options." I shrug, waiting for his response.

"I followed her location on her phone. It says she's here."

"Leave." The words come out of my mouth calmly but hold a death threat behind them. "Or I can make you leave."

"Just because you're fucking her now, doesn't mean you can keep her." Walking to his car, he gives me a smirk. "I was her first and I will be her last."

Before he gets in his car, just to piss him off. I give him a smirk and say. "We'll see what she says after tonight."

The smirk on his face drops, rage replacing it quickly. I found amusement out of the fit he threw when he got in his car.

My smirk only grew wider as I waved bye to him as he peeled out of my drive way.

Now I can get peace.

*********

"What did you do?" Amara storms down my stairs, her brown hair in a mess, pants unzipped.

"What are you talking about?" I raise a brow at the alarmed female.

"What did you say to Erick?"

I watch as her jaw clenches in anger, her face red with frustration.

"I told him what I knew would work. He got off my porch and left, that's all I wanted."

She looks at me which such disappointment. I'm not sure why, they aren't together anymore. Sure what I said was false but, it wasn't vulgar.

"Thanks for letting me stay here." She shakes her head as she goes to leave.

"Why do you even bother with that guy?" I ask before can leave. "He's an asshole."

Turning to face me, her green eyes flare with rage. "He's an asshole? What about you?"

"What about me?"

"You're just as much as an asshole as he is."

"In what way?" I raise brow. Waiting for her response, I check my imaginary watch. "Right, so you have nothing to back that up."

Before she can speak, I go again. "I've known you for almost a month and I've helped you every time the opportunity was at hand." I step towards her. "I've been kind to you, and believe me that's hard for me. I've dealt with all your shit, and you come with a lot of baggage."

"I don't need you to be nice to me."

"Maybe not but, try being nice to other people. Not everyone deserves your shitty attitude." I snap before she slams the door in my face.