The roof caved in, the truth came out.

(Noah/Abel's POV)

"Why are we here?" Amara asks beside me as we pull up to the old, run down bar about an hour out of town.

Tightening my grip on the steering wheel, I bite my tongue. Right now isn't the time to tell her who I really am.

Turning my head to face her, I lay my hand gently on her cheek. Rubbing small circles with my thumb on her cheek, I feel a pain in my chest. I don't want anything to happen to her.

A small tap on my window causes me to yank my hand away. Rolling my eyes at the woman and blonde guy outside my car, I roll my window down and hand her a piece of paper.

"Why do you need his name?" I hiss as I look at the name on the paper. "He's a mafia leader Mel- Raven." I correct myself real quick. Fuck it's hard to lie anymore. I feel so guilty.

"Carter Johnson isn't my real target, it's his friend I need. You should give him a call though, he could help."

"I'm not calling that prick." I scoff.

At the mention of the Mafia, Amara's eyes go wide.

"I'm assuming you're taking her away right now?" Mel raises a brow at the woman beside me. "It's best to tell her the truth Noah."

The world stops when she spits out my actual name.

"Noah?" Amara whispers to herself.

"I kept my side of the deal, keep yours." I snap, ignoring Amara's mind being blown.

"Here." She hands me three passports and plane tickets. "You have to go now though, they'll be barging in early in the morning, she needs to get out of here."

"What about the others?" I cock a brow.

"Pray for them." Looking over her shoulder, she hands me a small black device with a green screen. "My tech bugged your bosses vehicle, this will keep you guys one step ahead of her."

"How did you do that?" I look to the blonde.

"Better to not ask questions." Mel cuts off. "Now go." She smacks my car lightly.

Nodding, I peel out of the parking lot. "Hold this." I toss the spy gaget on Amara's lap.

"Who's Noah?" She asks quietly.

Sighing, I keep my eyes on the road.

"Abel..."

"My name is Abel." I huff. "I'm Noah."

Through the corner of my eye, I can see her face twist in many different emotions.

"I need that family crest you showed me Amara, I need to know where it is."

"Why did you lie about your name? Why do you need my family crest, Why do we need to get away from your boss, who was that woman?" The questions keep pouring out of her mouth, not giving me enough time to answer.

"Damnit Amara, right now isn't the time to go through all this shit."

"Then let me out." She barks. "If you lied about your name, what else are you lying about?"

"I'll explain when we're gone." I hiss back.

"No, I want to know now."

"Well I'm sorry princess."I yell. "Right now isn't the fucking time to be throwing a fit and it definitely isn't the time to get emotional. So calm the fuck down and we get to your house grab the damn crest and get back in the fucking car." I look at her after I finish yelling.

The look on her face instantly makes me regret yelling but, her life is on the line. Her green eyes gloss over, making me feel even worse.

"I promise you, I will explain everything. Right now I just want to keep you safe."

***********

Stuffing random clothes in a suitcase, I run around Amara's room, packing things while she looks for crest hiding the flash drive.

"I found it." She whispers holding up the bulky necklace.

Yanking it from her hands, I stuff it in my pocket. "Let's go." I say as I pick up her suitcase.

"I'm not going." She sits down on the bed.

"I'm not doing this Amara, get up or I can make you." I growl.

"I don't want to go, what about Donny or my family?"

"They'll be fine." I lie.

Before anything else can be said, my work phone starts to ring. Her eyes go wide when I pull out a completely different phone from the one she's use to seeing.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Noah, I'm just reminding you of the raid tomorrow." Veronica's voice echos through the phone, loud enough for Amara to hear.

I purposely put the phone on speaker so she could hear.

"I haven't forgotten."

"Did you find the flash drive?" Her voice holds ill patience.

"Yeah, I have it right now." I look Amara in the eyes.

Her dark brows push up as her eyes water. Now she knows why I was interested in her at first, it's all coming together for her.

"Great, kill the girl and bring it to me."

Before Amara can belt out a scream for help, I lunge forward and wrap my large hand around her mouth to silence her.

"Can do." I lie to my boss. Hanging up the phone, I pull my hand away, but keep my place on top of her.

"You used me..." Her voice shakes as she throws her head back. "And now you're going to kill me..."

"I'm not going to kill you Amara." I roll my eyes. "But I am going to kidnap since you don't want to come with me."

Ignoring me she stays still on the bed, allowing a few tears to fall from her eyes. I would love to comfort her right now, but that's not what we need. We need to get the fuck out of here.

Sending Matt a quick message to get to the car, I grab a belt from her dresser.

"Hands up." I growl.

When she doesn't listen, I grab her wrist and tie them together. Tucking my arms under her ass, I scoop her up and throw her over my shoulder.

Immediately, she starts freaking out. Thrashing around, almost making me drop her. Smacking her ass roughly but not too hard, she yelps.

"Amara you need to chill the fuck out. I'm only helping you. I'm the good guy."

"You're not a good guy." She whimpers and throws her head down.