opportunities

She watches through her soaked hair as Abel sets the mug of coffee on the table.

"Thanks." She mumbles quietly.

Sitting across from her, Noah leans forward in his grey chair. "What is it you need help with?"

Prolonging his question, Amara sips at her hot coffee. "This coffee is great." She gives him a smile before setting the cup back down.

"Amara." Noah's voice is low and husky. Looking her in the eye, he leans back with his arms crossed. "Tell me what you need help with."

Here it goes, and here goes her pride.

"Listen, I don't do this often. Matter of fact, I never ask for help and you're my only choice."

Grunting, Noah gives her a grim smile with narrowed brows. Noah would of showed her the door. However he isn't Noah right now.

"Tell me why I should help you."

Resting her hands on her knees, Amara bites her lip before answering. "I don't know why you should help me. If I'm telling you the truth, I didn't except you to. I haven't been exactly nice to you."

Smirking, he knows how hard it must be for her. Here she is, handing him her pride.

"I need you to kinda be like my body guard." Her eyes stare into his.

"Did something happen?" He raises his dark brow.

Biting her lip, she realizes she can't do this. "This was stupid, I need to go." She quickly stands from the couch, her purse tucked under her arm.

This is his shot to get close. "Wait." He calls out, standing quickly. "I won't ask anymore questions, I'll do it."

Feeling relieved, Amara relaxes her shoulders and huffs.

"I do need to know one thing though." Noah points out before she completely relaxes. "Who am I protecting you from?"

Scratching the back of her head, Amara feels somewhat embarrassed, not that she should be. Clenching her fist tight, she braces herself for the humiliation.

"Erick." Her voice trails off as she keeps her eyes linked with his.

"Okay." He shrugs and sits back down on his couch.

"Okay?" Amara asked, clearly shocked he would agree.

Nodding his head, Noah powers on his TV and flips through the channels.

"Could you come over now?" She raises a brow. "He's coming over and I want to end things with him."

Standing, Noah follows her out the door. Just as the reach her yard, a familiar blonde pulls up in a red, expensive car. Even though the windows are tented, Noah swears he can see Erick's face freeze with anger. Adverting his eyes, he moves them to the small woman next to him. She's frozen too, not with anger though.

Ringing sounds from his pocket as Erick slams his car door and stomps to the brunette. Before he reaches her, Noah pulls his phone out and glances at the caller ID.

"Great." He huffs to himself. Turning his back and walking a few feet away, he answers quickly. "What is it?" He growls lowly.

"I need an update." His bosses voice echos through the line.

"I will get you an update as soon as I finish what I'm doing."

"I don't think it should wait." She hisses.

Looking over his shoulder, the blonde is standing dangerously close to Amara.

"I think it can." He says cooly before hanging up on her.

Nearing close to them, Noah stands right beside Amara. Following the blonde's arm with his eyes, it leads him to Erick squeezing her arm aggressively.

Amara's face shows no signs of pain or fear. It's incredible how she can keep a straight in a situation like this.

"You ignore my calls all day, and I find you with him?" He growls pulling her closer to him.

"I told you where I was going to be." Her voice holds no emotion at all.

"You didn't tell me you were going to be with him." He snarls, baring his teeth like a rabid dog.

Noah watches, crossing his arms. He's waiting for it to get out of hand before interfering. For a moment Amara turns her head, giving Noah a pleading look before Erick grabs her face roughly.

"Okay." Noah snaps. Gripping onto Erick's arm, he yanks it away and twist it behind the blonde's back. "I think that's enough."

Thrashing around like a trapped animal, Erick yells for the taller man to free him.

"It's over Erick." Amara snarls with fire in her eyes. "Go home."

As she walks away, Noah shoves the guy towards his car and walks behind the brunette.

Before the taller man can react, Erick is running towards Amara. Sensing him from behind her, the brunette turns.

Without thinking, she slams her head against his nose. Immediately, the psychotic blonde falls to the ground. Holding onto his nose, he belts out a scream.

"You stupid bitch." He yells loudly at her.

Pressing her combat boot covered foot against his chest, she leans over her knee.

"I said it's over. Fuck off." Pushing hard on his chest, she straightens up and huffs before leaving him in the grass.

A bit shocked, Noah stares at the guy with blood gushing from his nose.

"You should get that looked at." He suggest before following Amara.

***************

Pressing the ice pack against her forehead, Donny smiles down at his best friend.

"So you kicked ass, huh?" He jokes.

Rolling her emerald orbs, she pushes his hand away and pulls the ice pack off.

"At least you broke it off." The curly haired guy shrugs, looking over his shoulder he spots Noah. "Thanks for helping." He smiles, exiting the kitchen.

"Has this happened before?" Noah asks when the brunette throws the icepack in the freezer and goes to the fridge.

"Not really." She lies, pulling out a bottle of sparkling water.

It's happened a few times not that she'd tell him that. Her pride and ego are too large to admit she allowed someone to push her around.

"Is my work done then?" Noah raises his dark brow as he watches the woman.

"Yep." She pops the p, sounding convincing enough. "You're free to go."

Nodding his head, Noah turns to leave. As he's about to reach the front door, Amara stops him for a second.

"Thanks by the way." She gives him an emotionless. expression.

"No problem." He shrugs and leaves.