What's lost, is found.

(Noah/Abel's POV)

Walking up the stairs to my room, I quietly open the door so I don't wake Amara. Once the door is open, I stare at her sleeping figure. Her dark hair covers her face while she snoars quietly. She looks so peaceful and worry free. Tip toeing over to the sleeping beauty in my bed, I gently tuck her hair behind her ear. I can't help but smile when I see her beautiful face.  Spotting the little scar on her forehead, I lightly graze my finger over it with a frown. I feel bad for not being there to protect her but, she defended herself just fine.

I hate myself for having feelings for her, I wish I didn't. My job would be so much easier if I didn't like her, but here I am delaying my mission just to be with her. In the end, it could probably get me killed but I'll risk it.

"Abel?" Amara rubs her eyes while sitting up in the California king bed. Blinking a couple times to adjust her eyes, she stares down at my blood stained white T. "What happened?" She looks up at me with her big green eyes.

Lost in a trace, I can't focus. All I think about is how much I like her. I threw a guy through a window for her, and she didn't even have to ask me. Matter of fact, I'd be happy if she didn't find out.

"I got in a fight at the bar." I shrug, hoping she doesn't ask more questions.

"Why?" She arches a brow.

"The guy was a prick." I spit to myself, loud enough for her to hear.

"Most of them are." She jokes.

I don't know what is. Maybe it's the way the moonlight is shining down on her, making her green eyes shine like gems. Or maybe it's the sweet look on her face. I can't say but, whatever it is it has me under it's spell.

Cupping her face gently, I lean forward and press my lips against her's. Immediately, I lost myself in the kiss. Her lips are soft and sweet against mine, a jolt of electricity sparks throughout my entire body.

Wrapping her arms around my neck, she stuffs her hands in my hair and tugs at the roots with pleasure. Crawling forward, I gently press my body against her, pushing her against the mattress. Already hard as I can get, I grind my hips against her's, earning a soft moan. Moving my lips from her plump ones to her neck, I leave small kisses and bites until I reach her covered chest.

Gliding my fingers under her shirt, I gently cup her perky breast and squeeze it in my hand. Then suddenly, I stop. Retracting my hand, I pull my body from her's. Still above her, I sigh.  

"Why did you stop?" She looks up at me with worried eyes.

Knotting my brows, I look away from her eyes. If I'm being honest, I don't know why I'm stopping. In a sense, this is what I've been wanting for a while. I've been wanting to sleep with her for a few weeks now. Even though she's right here underneath me, begging me with her eyes to continue, I can't. If I keep getting close to her the mission will be over, I don't know if they'll let her live or not. I've had to kill all the other daughters, why would they treat her any different.

If they don't kill her, she'll still be in danger just being with me. I've made way too many enemies for to be safe. Maybe I should tell her who I really am, would she be safer that way? Or, is it safer if she doesn't know a thing about me?

"Abel, your phone is ringing." Amara waves her hand in front of my face.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I roll over off the bed and stand to my feet. When I listen to the ringing, I realize it's the phone my boss calls from. I can't pull that out in front of Amara!

"Are you okay?" She knots her dark brows as she stares at me.

"Yeah." I force a smile. "I'm great."

Pulling her phone out of her pocket, I narrow my eyes at her phone's wall paper. It's of her and her family and she's wearing some sort of pendent. A Celtic pendent? I've never seen her wear it before.

"What's that?" I point to the brass hanging from her neck in the picture.

"My family crest." She shrugs. "Family heirloom, whatever people call it."

The feeling of my heart dropping to my stomach causes me to shift uncomfortably. I just know that's what I've been looking for.

"I've never seen you wear it." I say as I bite my tongue. I wish I wouldn't of found this all out right now, I can't just lie to my boss and tell her I don't know what the flashdrive is hiding as. If I don't though, my time Amara will be short lived.

"I keep it locked up, it's way too important and valued to be just tossed around." Her greens eyes meet mine. "That's what my mom said anyways."

Hold up, did she say mom?

"Your mom gave it to you?" I raise a brow.

"In a way." She looks at me, confused. "It was meant to be mine, she just handed it down to me. Then if I ever have a kid, I have to give it to them." She rolls her eyes.

So, it wasn't her father who gave it to her. Which could mean, her mother is the one in charge of stealing the CIA's information...

"Hey I'm gonna head out real quick. I'll be right back." I smile as I grab my phone quickly and storm downstairs, then outside.

"Why didn't you answer when I called?" My boss yells through the phone.

"I was busy." I hiss.

"Doing what? Trying to get in your target's pants?",

"I know what the flashdrive is hiding as." I sigh heavily. "I also discovered new information."

Giving herself a few seconds to calm down, Veronica breaths in and lets it out. "Go on."

"It's not Amara's father who is in charge of the drug deals, sex trafficking or the stolen CIA data. It's her mother."