Fill in the Blanks.

(Matt/Brandon's POV)

Slamming my front door shut, I throw my coat on the ground and immediately make me a drink. I'm tired of him getting the girl, everytime. They always choose the bad boy over the nice guy. I don't think he even has feelings for Amara like I do.

Gripping the short glass in my hand, I throw back the whiskey and allow it to burn my throat. Yeah knows things about her, he picked up on her habits. Anyone would with how much time he spends with her.

Knotting my brows together, I pour myself another drink. He doesn't even appreciate her, he never does. Noah just plays the right cords. I don't want to do the things he does, he's so cold hearted.

Although, I would be too if I did the things he's done. I'm surprised he can even pretend to have humanity left in him. He's done the missions people like me couldn't. The agency always gives him the nastiest jobs, thinking it doesn't phase him but it does. I've witnessed the change myself. Sure he's been working here five years longer than me but, even then he had so much life with in. Now, his eyes are dull and cold. Unless he's around her. For some reason, she brings something out in him. He can say she annoys him all he wants, I watch his face when she comes around. Whenever she hangs all over him when she's drunk, his faces turns red like a teenager's. He's always there to help her when she's in trouble, like her own superhero. When really he's going to leave her in the dirt, heart broken and depressed.

Glaring at my glass, I set it on my coffee table and sigh. I could be wrong, he could actually like her. Or, he's just that good at acting.

Leaning forward, I rest my head in my hand allow the stress to eat at me. I don't know how to win over the girl I like, not when I have competition that I always lose to.

******************
(Donny's POV)

Waiting on the couch for my best friend to return home, I check the time. Three in the morning, where the hell could she be? Did Abel take her to the hospital? Right after he called me I came straight home.

"Amara?" I hop up when the brunette appears in the livingroom with Abel right behind her. "Are you okay?" I embrace her in a tight hug.

Shrugging me off, she huffs. "I have a splitting headache, I can't go to sleep tonight, or all day."

Giving her an odd look, Abel chimes in. "He said you didn't have a concussion. You can sleep."

Shaking her no, she meets his eyes with her hands on her hips. "I'm not risking it, I don't want to wake up in achoma." She jokes.

"You need to sleep." Abel tucks her hair behind her ear.

Watching them, it's relaxing to see Amara around someone nice. I don't feel like I have to babysit them, it's nice. I can't look away when they start to bicker back and forth. Abel throws his hand in his long hair and tightly closes his eyes as Amara yells at him for caring about her.

"All I'm saying is, you had a rough night. I can tell just by looking at you."

Gasping, she growls and storms off.

"Amara, I didn't mean it like that. Look at your face." He hollers as he chases after her.

I've seen Abel pick up numerous chicks from the bar, but he can't talk to Amara. It's like she unravels him and throws his game off. He does the same to her.

I didn't think she'd keep him around as long as she has. Maybe she's finally moving on from Erick, I hope she is. She hasn't cried over him since they broke up, even then she didn't cry. I don't blame her though. I mean, how many times can you cry over the same person again and again? Everyone gets fed up eventually.

*********
(Noah/Abel's POV)

"Come on Amara, you know that isn't what I meant." I sigh when she shuts herself in her bathroom. "You're still beautiful." The words came out so easily, like I've said them to her before.

An awkward silence takes place for a couple of seconds before she speaks up.

"What?"

"What?" I reply back.

"Did you call me beau-."

"Listen, you should really take a shower and sober up." I purposely cut her off.

Swinging the door open, she glares at me. "Why? Because I smell now too?"

"Uh, yeah. You smell like rain, dirt and blood." I raise a brow at her anger.

"You're such an ass." She goes to slam the door in my face.

Smacking my large palm against the wood, I push the door and the little brunette aside.

"What are you doing?" Amara holds her arms close to her chest.

Turning on the faucet, I crank up the hot water. Sticking her hand under the water, she feels around and pulls it back shortly after.

"Hotter." She demands.

"Excuse me?" I smile as I look at her.

"I want my water hotter." She stares at me with prideful eyes.

Her ego really is something. "Just for that, I should make you bathe in ice cold water."

"Ugh." She rolls her eyes. "I'm so tired."

"Then hop in the shower and go to bed." I say as I start to leave.

"Will you stay the night?" She asks.

Paralyzed in place, I clear my throat. She's finally asked me to stay the night, I could easily find that flash drive. Looking over my shoulder, I feel a tug at my heart. The look on her face makes me want to say yes, but I have orders and if I do stay, I'll have no choice but end this mission. Suddenly ending the mission doesn't sound as good as it did before.

"I'm sorry, I can't."

Nodding her head, she gives me a slight smile. "okay, well see you later." Quickly looking away, she shuts the door on my face.

If only she knew I didn't stay the night because I want to spend just a little longer with her. Although, there's a very good chance I won't even find it. Maybe, this one night... I won't look for it. There's no harm in just being with her for one night, is there? I don't see how it could hurt the mission.