Hate to admit it.

(Noah/Abel's POV)

"Amara please let me in." I press my forehead against her bedroom door.

"Fuck off already." She yells through the thick wood.

I've never heard her so angry before, not even when Erick was around.

"Amara, please talk to me about this." I silently pray she opens the door.

"You wanna talk about this?" Her tone is dark as the door swings open.

Backing away from the door, I stand tall when the angry brunette stares me down.

"You slept with my cousin." Her dark brows knot forward. "You knew she was my cousin."

My mouth tightens shut when she nears closer to me. I feel guilty for sleeping with Juliette, so I'll take my punishment.

"When did you sleep with her?" She crosses her arms over her chest, waiting for my answer.

"The night I met her, after you left." I say slowly. All the shame finally sinking in.

Taking a moment to remember, her face twist from confusion to fury with in seconds.

"You fucked my cousin after we had an argument?" She pushes on my chest.

Cringing at the memory, I clench my jaw. "It was a mistake."

"What a great excuse." Amara spits.

"We weren't even a thing then." I snap back.

"That's not the point." Her green orbs narrow.

"It was a one time thing."

"That doesn't make it any better, I liked you and you slept with my cousin." Her eyes gloss over.

My eyes leave hers and travel to her quivering lips. For the first time in many years, my heart hurts for someone else.

"Amara-."

"Shut up." She yells as she pushes me again. "What does she have that I don't?" Again, I earn another shove.

"Ama-."

"Is it because I'm not blonde?" Amara pushes me against the wall with tears raining down her face. "I'm sorry I'm not some big chested, curvy, blonde, easy woman that you can pick up at the bar." Pushing herself away from me, she turns around and sighs.

When I go to say something, she cuts in again.

"I should of dated Brandon instead." She scoffs.

Insulted and some what mad that she should say that. I slam my hands against the wall infront of her. With her back to me, I lower my head so my lips are close to her ear.

"I understand you're pissed, you have every right to be. Don't ever say you'd rather be with him, that's not fair." My voice is raspy with aggravation and guilt.

"It's not fair?" She turns around and cocks a brow. "He wouldn't sleep with my cousin."

Giving her a sarcastic smirk, I pop holes in her Brandon theory. "Sorry to rain on your parade but, yeah he would of. He's worse than I am." I lie to save my own ass.