Monster.

(Noah's POV)

Clenching the steering wheel until my knuckles turn white, I glance at Amara in the passenger seat, sitting silently.

"Amara, please you have to understand-."

"Understand?" She snaps while glaring at me. Holding up her wrist, she shows me her bound hands. "You lied to me, used me and now you're kidnapping me."

Before I can cut her off, she continues. "I don't know who you are, I can't trust. And who is that Raven, or Mel lady?"

Regretting every decision I've been made, I use one hand to rub my forehead. "We use to work together."

"We're you any closer than that?"

A tiny shred of happiness finds it's way to me when I pick up on the small amount of jealousy coming from her.

"We were friends."

"Any closer than that?"

"No, she's not my type." I try to joke because at the time when I worked with Mel, I was still into big chested, curvy blondes.

Pondering for a minute, she bites her lip and looks out the window.

"Who are you and what are you?" She looks to me, then at Matt in the back. "And you." She turns quickly with an angry look. "Who are you really?"

"Matt." He answers quickly.

"So you're not even a real Brandon?" Amara's brow cocks as she stares at Matt.

"Sadly no."

"Who are you people?" She looks to me for answers.

I can't look her in the eye right now, I feel too guilty. "Amara we work with the CIA, we were sent to find something important."

"My family crest?" She whispers with a gasp.

"It's holding something very important in it, someone you know is trying to take down the CIA agency I work for."

"You're a spy?"

"We're assiassans too." Matt chimes in.

Huffing, I roll my head back and shoot him a glare. "Really?" I snap.

Bracing myself for whatever may come next, I turn around and keep my eyes back on the road.

"What exactly was your mission?" The question I hoped she wouldn't ask, she asked.

"Amara, I don't thin-."

"What. Was. Your. Mission?"

Closing my eyes for a second, I take a deep breath. "To get close to you so I could take your family crest, it's holding a flashdrive."

"So, nothing about us is real?" Her voice slightly cracks.

"That's not at all true Amara, I'm risking my own life right now to be with you."