Pay Back.

️⚠️⚠️

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO CERTAIN TOPICS CONTAINING ABUSE.

(Noah/Abel's POV)

"I would say I'm surprised to see you here but, that would be lying." Matt's voice erupts my ear as I take a swig of my beer.

"I'm not in the mood today man, just back off." I growl with narrowed eyes.

"Did you and your girlfriend break up?" He mimics a pouty face as he takes a seat on the stool next to me.

"Not that it's any of your business but, no. As far as she knows, we're great." I force a smile on my face before taking yet another drink.

"What happened? Are you guys not great?" His attention is completely on me now.

"I went to therapy with her." I cringe at the words coming out of my mouth.

"Why on earth would you want to do that?"

Shrugging, I look at the wall in front of me. "I didn't want to sit in the car for forty five minutes."

"So, what happened in therapy?" Matt taps on the bar to get the bartenders attention. Without asking him what he wants, she brings him his usual. 

I find it sadly amusing a bartender knows exactly what we drink, without even asking.

"Alot of shit I could of gone without knowing. "

~~flash back~~

"You promise you won't think of me any differently if I tell you this?" She searches my eyes for any doubt.

"I promise." I smile at her.

Spreading her lips slightly, she stops herself from talking before she even begins. 

"I'm embarrassed."  Her voice shakes.

"What is there to embarrassed about?"

Snorting, she laughs sarcastically. "For me, there's alot I feel embarrassed for."

Shifting on the couch, I hold her face with both hands. Rubbing small circles on her cheeks with my thumbs, I do my best to ease her worries.

"If you aren't ready to tell me, that's fine. You don't ever have to tell, I'd like to know but, you don't have to tell me. That's entirely up to you, it's your past not mine." I speak with honesty.

Taking everything I said in, she takes a moment before replying. "No, I think it's good to get it all out."  She takes a deep breath before beginning. "I was naive and stupid, I didn't know what red flags were. It was my first actual relationship." Meeting my eyes for a second, she looks away quickly before going on.