secrets best untold

(Amara's song: Change is gonna come by The Bricks.)

"Tell my why you took him back, especially after what happened at the bar the other night." The lady with pointy, red glasses presses her lips together as she clicks her pen.

Raising her head from her hands, Amara looks around while thinking of an answer. Allowing herself to get distracted, she thinks about what Erick did at the bar Friday night.

* "You're late." Amara eyes the nervous blonde as he approaches her.

Giving her a tight smile, Erick scratches the base of his neck. "Uh, work had me stay later.." looking behind her, he spots the thorn in his side. "What is he doing here?" He points to the man with icy blue eyes as he clenches his jaw.

Shrugging her shoulders, Amara looks up at her boyfriend. "He's here for Donny."

"Is he?" Erick raises his blonde brow. "Why don't we go get a few drinks and hangout in the back?" He motions his head to the couch in the back of the bar.

Looking next to her, Amara's eyes meet Abel's. "Yeah, let's go." Surely he wouldn't follow her to the back with Erick. Why does he follow her anyways?

Gathering their drinks, Erick leads the brunette woman away from the blue eyed threat. *

Leaning forward, the small brunette woman clasps her hands around each other before looking her therapist in the eye.

Smirking a little, Amara presses her thumbs agaisnt her lips. "It's funny how I'm a completely different person when I'm around him. He changes me, not for the better either."

*. A few hours after going to the back, Amara has started to notice Erick's old personality shine through. Every once in a while, she'll catch him eyes another woman. Not that she minds anymore, she's already use to that behavior. Most the time she pretends to be blind to it but, he's the one that promised change, not her.

"Could you stop doing that infront of me?" She snaps as she stands from the couch.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He narrows his eyes as his attention directs back to his girlfriend.

"Don't play dumb Erick, I saw you."

"So what?" He rolls his eyes before turning back to his previous spot.

"Okay, well I'm going back to the bar." She hisses, grabbing her purse she goes to storm away.

"Don't go." He pleas as he grabs her wrist tightly.

"Let me go, Erick." Her tone is calm as she keeps her eyes forward.

Pulling her back on to his lap, he nuzzles his face in the crook of her neck. "Don't go back to the bar." He orders in her ear. "He's still there."

Scoffing, she throws his arms off her. "You're something else." She rolls her emerald greens.

"Amara. If you go up there and even look at him, you'll regret it." The warning in Erick's voice didn't go un-noticed.

Giving a him a small laugh in disbelief, she yanks her wrist away and immediately goes to sit next to Abel. Looking over her shoulder, Erick is fumming on the couch. *

"So Erick is still the jealous type?" The lady in the black leather chair questions her patient.

Laughing sarcastically, Amara shakes her head causing her brunette hair to sway back and forth.

"I don't think it's jealousy." She squints her green eyes before looking back to her therapist.

"What do you think it is?" The lady with red glasses eyes her client thoughtfully.

Shrugging her shoulders, Amara looks off in the distance. "Possessive?" She arches a brow. "I've been with him since sophomore year of highschool."

"You think maybe, he doesn't want to lose you?"

"No." Amara moves her eyes to the window. "I think he doesn't want anyone else to have me."

*. "Come with me." Erick growls in her ear.

Looking next to her, Amara sees Abel occupied with a curvy blonde so he's no help. Sighing, she turns to her boyfriend, ready for her punishment.

"Alright." She heaves herself off the barstool, clutching to her purse.

Leading her away, Erick has his large hand pressed against her back. Lowering himself to her level, he growls in her ear.

"I told you not to talk to him." His hand moves up from her back to her mass of hair. Balling up his fist in her hair, he pulls her head back with force.

"Erick, let me go." She growls through gritted teeth.

Spinning her around, he grips her face roughly. Lifting her chin, he forces her to look at him.

"I'm your boyfriend, he isn't." He snaps pointing at the tall, blue eyed man. *

"He hasn't hit me." Amara defends her boyfriend some.

Clicking her pen, the therapist writes something down on her pad. "Amara, I'm going to give you my professional opinion." Reaching up with her pale bony hands, she takes her glasses off.

"Go for it."

"That man, is toxic. He's not good for you and you shouldn't associate yourself with him." The therapist contiunes before Amara can fire back. "I know it's hard, especially when he doesn't let you. It's what you need though. I'm sure Don will help you."

As much as she loves Donny, Amara knows he's no match for Erick. However, Abel seems capable of doing it. She hasn't been very nice to him, and she'd have to explain why she needs protection. He doesn't seem like the type to ask too many questions though.

"Amara?" The lady with firetruck red hair waves her hand in the air.

"I'm sorry, what?" The brunette shakes herself out of her thoughts.

"Our time is up. I'll see you next week, right?" She raises a brow.

Rolling her eyes, Amara stands up from the couch. "Yes, I'll remember to come."

*************

How does she do this? How does she nicely ask him to be her body guard? Standing on his step, soaked from the pouring rain. Amara clutches the strap of her purse close to her chest. Taking a deep breath, she lets her pride go and knocks on his door.

With in a few moments, the door swings open. Revealing a shirtless Abel.

"I really need your help." She spits the words out, along with her dignity.