Stumped.

(Noah's POV)

Rubbing my face raw with my hands, I cringe. It was hard to lie like that, I can't stand her. I cringe over the fact she said yes, why did she say yes? Please, God don't let this girl like me.

No. Huffing loudly, I sit up on the bench outside. Breathing in the cold night air, I push those terrifying thoughts aside. Through the corner of my I can see a perky blonde making her way to me. Adjusting myself, I wait for her to approach me.

"I don't think I've seen you before." She gives me a flattering smile.

"I can say the same for you." Being coy, I smirk a little. "I just moved here a month ago."

Tossing her curled blonde hair over her shoulder, she slides down next to me.

"Makes sense I haven't met you yet, I just got back from a two month trip from France." Her lips spread in a smile. The street lights and bar lights make her lip gloss shine.

Directing my attention away, I pull out a cigarette. I need to keep my head in the game, I'm not here to pick up blonde women. But, what can I say? I love women and I really love blonde women. Everyone's got a type, bite me.

As if on que, a certain brunette barges out the front door. Nearly collapsing on the ground, only to have 'Brandon' catch her in his arms. Squinting, I watch as she laughs and lightly pokes his face.

How did he get so close to her already? Did he drug her? I've never seen her act like this, she's always so uptight. So, what did he do to get close to Amara? Looking at the blonde, I give her a silent goodbye. Maybe another night I'll get to sleep with her. For now, I need take back what's mine and that's this fucking mission.

Without a word, I stand from the bench and March towards the pair.

"Hey Brandon." I call as I draw back my fist.

Before he can respond, my fist rains down on his face. Taking the hit, he staggers backwards only to shorty to catch himself. Without question, he charges after me. With his fist in the air, he swings at my head. Ducking, I grab his arm and twist it behind his back. Firmly planting my hand on his back, I push him forward.

"What the fuck Abel?" Amara pulls at my when I lung for my opponent.

Putting on my Abel persona, I yank my arm back and meet her eyes.

"I literally just asked you out an hour ago." I stare hard at her. Part of me was actually pissed. I was working hard to have this girl fall for me so I could steal that fucking flash drive. "You said yes remember?"

"I didn't think you were serious." She scoffs.

Her eyes dart from me to Brandon standing behind me. Cutting him out of her view, I reply.

"Why would I lie about something like that?" I tilt my head to look her in the eye.

"I thought it was some sort of sick joke, I thought you hated me." Her face heats red as I give her a smile.

"I don't hate you, I'm here aren't I?" Cautiously I tuck a strain of her brown hair behind her ear. "I wouldn't joke about something like that."

Lying has become the easiest thing in the world to me. It's a skill, and I mastered it years ago.

"I think I'm going to head home." I speak up when she doesn't say anything. "Do you want a ride from me? Or him?" I point my thumb at the guy behind me.

Her eyes drift to Brandon and back at me. "Give me a minute?" Her brow raises in question.

Tucking both hands in my front pockets I nod my head and watch as she travels to Brandon. She wraps her arms around his neck, embracing him in a drunkin friendly embrace. A devilish smirk played on his face as he hugged her tightly, making dead eye contact with me. He doesn't care about her feelings either, she's just the ticket to our success.

"You ready?" I ask as she pulls away from the other guy.

Taking a moment to scope out the blonde, I watch as she scoffs and heads inside. Sometimes, we have to sacrifice the things we love for a better cause. I guess I'll have to give up easy  women for awhile.

*************

This isn't how I pictured tonight going. I didn't think I'd have to ask her out so early, or at least it feels early. Even though I've known her for month, I know jack shit when it comes to personal stuff.

"Your knuckles are busted." Amara points out as we enter my house.

"No shit." I huff, rolling my eyes.

Throwing my keys on my coffee table, I sit on the couch, ready to pick something to watch. Feeling a presence over my shoulder, I look up. Amara is awkwardly standing near the couch.

"You can sit." I pat my hand down on the couch. When she doesn't comply, I pat the couch some more.

Crossing her arms over her chest, she rolls her before narrowing her brows.

"I'm good and I'm not a dog." The venom in her voice didn't go unnoticed.

Raising my hands in defense, I back off some.

"We should clean that up before it gets infected." She chirps up when I turn on the TV.

"It's fine." I narrow my eyes when the words come out. I already turned the TV on, I don't want get up.

"I'll go get the stuff to clean it, where is it?" I raises a brow.

"Still in the bathroom."

Without another word, she marches up stairs where I once cleaned her knuckles. I'm surprised she didn't tell me to go fuck myself when I asked her to come back with me. After a few minutes, she comes back down holding the peroxide and cotton balls.

"Shouldn't you of grabbed the rubbing alcohol." I cock a brow in confusion as she opens the brown bottle.

"No." She starts. "Rubbing alcohol kills bacteria and all, but it isn't meant for gashes that big." Amara points to my scrapped up knuckles.

I must of hit that prick pretty hard. I should of done more than what I did. What can I say? I hate the guy, there's something about him that doesn't sit right with me. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a crooked agent.

The feeling of a cold cotton swab brought me out of my thoughts. Flickering my blue eyes down, Amara is sitting on her knees attending to my busted up hand. I can tell she's forcing herself to keep her eyes on my hand.

Nervously she tucks a strain of hair behind her ear, blush creeps on her cheeks.

Why the hell is she acting like this?

"Why did you go after Brandon like that?" She finally looks me in the eye. Her nervous damenor gone and replaced with her usual confident self.

Because he's a threat to my mission. "He's a jackass." I grind my teeth at the thought of the douchebag.

"He asked me out too." Amara smiles a little. "I just me-."

Before she can say anymore. I gently grab her and lean over, smashing my lips on hers.

I needed to seal the deal before Brandon does. I want the prize for this mission.