Chapter 86: VMAs 2028

It's been a while! Here's what you missed on Glee.

Julie and Alex are over for good and now he's dating an actress named Mabel who's basically the opposite of her but she's had no time to be sad about it because she had sex with Skye and now she's confused about everything. Sebastian found out about Alex's prison gang involvement and the truth behind the death of Julie's stalker, Ian, and now he and Shawn are using it to blackmail her. Wasted Zombies merged with Blackbird Records and now John doesn't have a label but at least he's got a second shot with Lyric. Mandy and Damian broke up, Santana and Shana broke up, Rhythmix is going to take a break, and we're all kind of sad about it but it's okay because Amity met Wendy, Tyler came out with Travis and Isaac and Rylan are going strong.

And that's what you missed on... Glee!

------------------------------------------

[Hot 100, Top 10: August 21, 2028.]

#1(+1) Best I Ever Had by Damie B
---peak: 1
---weeks: 10 (8 at #1)
#2(-1) God Is A Woman by Juliet Vasquez
---peak: 1
---weeks: 16 (2 at #1)
#3(=) Money Bag by Carly Dom
---peak: 3
---weeks: 9
#5(=) Screwed by Juliet Vasquez featuring Shana Davis
---peak: 5
---weeks: 11
#6(+2) Nice For What by Damie B
---peak: 6 (new)
---weeks: 17
#7(=) Done For Me by John Brown featuring Shana Davis
---peak: 6
---weeks: 15
#8(-2) All The Stars by Marcelo & Shana Davis
---peak: 3
---weeks: 9
#10(-1) Happier by Alex Zimmerman & Rylan
---peak: 9
---weeks: 9

--------------------------------

The VMAs were nothing if not a time for shade to be thrown around. With the award show just two weeks away, the Rhythmix girls worried that a big public appearance would lead to meltdowns and fighting among their fanbase, especially when they publicized that it would be their final appearance together before a hiatus.

Leila's growing pregnancy left the group with questions they didn't want the answers to yet. For starters... What was going to happen to their tour?

Now that the Wasted Zombies artists were back at Blackbird, the local focus seemed to be on planning Sam's tour. Julie was already on a huge world tour and Rhythmix had joined her on it for a few dates but now they wouldn't have one of their own. The tour for their album, The Cure, would have to be pushed until next summer.

The hiatus was starting.

"This isn't so bad," Kayli shrugged as the girls met with Dani following their first VMA rehearsals. "I'm pretty sure Julie's gonna ask me to open on tour for her which means I'll have something going on, at least."

Shana made a face but said, "I guess I'll be spending some time in the studio on our time off. What Lovers Do is doing great right now and Julie wants to start pushing Screwed after we perform it at the VMAs but... I have a bunch of other solo project invitations I may finally accept."

"And I've got the movie, too, of course," Kayli added immediately, hating the way Shana seemed to always one-up her.

As the girls talked, Zoe broke away from the group and towards Dani, who was answering a couple of emails in the corner of the dance studio, ignoring the women's talks about the future.

"Hey, so this really sucks," Zoe started.

Dani looked up, confused. "What sucks?"

"All of this," Zoe shrugged. "I have zero plans for the hiatus. Leila's going to be on maternity leave and the other two girls have all these solo projects they're excited about but... I don't have anything. I mean... Would it be too much to ask that you find me something?"