Chapter 62: When A Female Fires Back

tw: this chapter features minimal implicit sexual violence / discussion of it

------------------------------------------

"I can't believe I'm about to walk on the Grammys red carpet," said Rylan, sitting in a limousine beside Isaac. "A red carpet at all would be a huge deal but The Grammys of all events."

"Last week you had your very first meeting to get management," said Isaac. "Just yesterday you were offered your very first record deal. Now you're at the Grammys. How does it feel?"

"It feels unearned," he answered with a laugh. "The deal isn't for sure yet. Just talking. And I'm only here as your date."

"Well, then I'm glad I asked you out to the place I absolutely knew you couldn't refuse," said Isaac, smiling.

Rylan took one of his hands and said, "I would've said yes no matter where you were asking me to. You know that, right?"

"Well..." Isaac responded. "We never really talked about what exactly we are to each other so..."

"Um, yeah, excuse me?" said Sarah.

The two guys turned to the other side of the limo, where Sarah, Lyric, Riley and the Crimson girls were sitting, awkwardly watching them.

"Can you maybe wait to have this conversation privately?" said Sarah.

Isaac had forgotten they were there. He turned to Rylan, who seemed just as embarrassed. The two of them blushed as the women snickered and the limo came to a stop. It was time for the Grammys.

***

Quinn stood with one of the top reporters on the carpet, Starmaker's host Aileen Scoles. While her label's artists walked the carpet and took photos, she did her best to hype them up.

"I just want everyone to know how hard these artists work," she said. "The work that they've put in is inspiring. I think JV Records has really become an important force in the industry these last four years and it's everything we wanted it to be and more. We've got a handful of nominations tonight thanks to Juliet Vasquez and I think next year, given all our releases coming up, we can expect a lot more."