Chapter 75: Who's Molly?

"And... paid."

Julie looked up from her computer at Quinn and Santana, who sat in her suite with her.

"Fifty million dollars," she said, laughing and shaking her head at herself. "It's more than twice what we needed and apparently what someone is willing to pay to watch Alex and I have sex."

"And that doesn't even include royalties," Santana shook her head in disbelief. "I wish Brit had saved our sex tape for after I got famous so it could make millions, too."

Quinn clapped her hands together and leaned forward in her seat. "So we have the money now," she said. "This is great. We're moving fast, which is what we need to do so Sebastian doesn't catch on. I've contacted the investors and most of them are on board to sell. A few are giving us trouble but I'm sure I'll finish convincing them by the time we get back to Ohio to make things official."

"Perfect," Santana smiled. "I'm feeling good now."

"Yeah, let's just make sure this doesn't get out," Quinn warned. "We don't need Sebastian finding out and trying to intervene." She looked at Julie, specifically, who gave her a big thumbs up. "Great. Then for now it's time for me to switch gears for the next few hours. Sam and Isaac have new singles out and thanks to this label stuff I haven't done anything I was supposed to do to guarantee them good spots on the charts. We have one last day on this festival, tomorrow. Big day, so let's make it count!" 

She headed for the door on that high note, but then stopped and turned around. 

"Oh, Julie," she said, "by the way. Did you decide who you're gonna give all the shares to after we get them back. Because whoever it is, you have to be careful. They're gonna basically run the whole label. 66% ownership."

"I know," Julie sighed, getting up. "I'm actually about to go handle that."

She headed for the door and left along with Quinn. Santana sat back and muttered, "Yeah, alright, I guess I'll just stay here."

She took a final look at the computer, the payment marked in bold, red letters.

"Fifty million," she repeated to herself. "Damn... I should really make a new sex tape. Damn."

***

John was already comfortable, ready to go to sleep. Mandy was staying in his room for the night, so he was taking the floor, surrounded by pillows to cushion him. He really wished he'd gotten a suite.

But his attempt at sleep, and Mandy's, was interrupted by a knock on his door. He sat up slowly, hearing Mandy stir in bed. 

"That's probably Damian," said John, standing up.

Mandy shook her head. "It won't be him," she disagreed. "We're all over the blogs thanks to the Carly fight and I asked for space and... It won't be him."

John opened the door, surprised that Mandy was right. It wasn't Damian, but rather Julie who stood in the hallway.

"You can't snoop while I'm here," he told her, starting to shut the door again.

But Julie pushed it, keeping it open and saying, "Thank you."

He let go of the door, letting it swing.

"Thank you," she said again. "I know that it was probably hard for you to go to Alex and give him the info that you did."

"It wasn't," he shrugged. "I hate Sebastian more than I hate you or your mistress."

Julie made a face but ignored the comment to say, "But he's your manager. I just don't get why you'd turn on him. He's the one who pulls the strings, after all."