Chapter 45: You Look Pretty Sinking

----------------------------

The following transcript is from a live episode of Starstruck. It was filmed and aired on September 13, 2027.

Rob: In other news, of course, there's this new John Brown song. It's kind of insane.

Tenesha: Ooh, yes, let's talk about this. 

Rob: So, last Friday, John Brown released his highly anticipated single, the first song from his debut album.

Tenesha: It wasn't that one song last year? With Damie B?

Rob: That was for his EP. And he did also have his single with Travis Hilton. But this is for the, like, full studio album.

Tenesha: Oh.

Rob: The new song is called Starboy. And it is shady.

Tenesha: My favorite type. Tell us about it, Rob.

Rob: So the song is pretty much a bragging song, where John boasts about his million dollar cars and his lavish mansion and all the girls he gets. The video features him entering a mansion and destroying his Grammy awards and plaques he got up until now, getting drunk and dancing around with an upside down cross, and then getting into his white Mustang and driving off.

Tenesha: As you do.

Rob: (laughs) As you do. Obviously everyone's been talking about a lot of elements here. The video is going viral and there's a huge controversy surrounding it. He was supposed to be sober but he's proudly announcing that he's not, despite the rehab. There's even a lyric in the song that says, Switch up my cup, I kill any pain.

Tenesha: Oh, he isn't sober? It wasn't just for the video?

Rob: Nope. He went onto Twitter to pretty much confirm it, responding to a fan asking if he's drinking again by posting a picture of him with a tall glass of wine and then making that his new profile picture.

Tenesha: (holding laughter)

Rob: (laughs) He's also getting slammed for the blasphemy in the music video and for posting some pretty offensive content to his Twitter on the topic of religion in response to that controversy.