Chapter 63: This Is Why I Came To You

-----------------------------------

"Julie!" exclaimed Albany, rushing to her friend as she came down to Arrivals in the airport. "It's so good to see you!"

Julie smiled and hugged Albany, with Shawn and two bodyguards coming up behind. People were watching from far away, taking pictures, but nobody was allowed close enough for a picture or autograph. 

"Shawn, hi," Albany added, waving at her old friend. "Long time."

"Likewise," Shawn responded. "You look great."

Albany smiled but didn't say anything, as Julie took her hands and said, "Thank you so much for coming. We weren't planning on coming home since last night was so crazy and heavy but then we figured... May as well. And I really didn't wanna get a cab or rental to get into town in so..."

"Yeah, of course," said Albany. "Don't even mention it."

"We are totally taking you to lunch as a thank you," said Shawn.

"Oh you don't have to do that," Albany shook her head.

"We want to," Julie insisted.

"Plus, it'll give us a chance to catch up," said Shawn. "I haven't really spent time with you in ages."

"Okay..." Albany said, unsure she wanted to spend that time with them. But she was curious enough about how Shawn was now, especially since Julie was apparently ready to marry him again. "Sounds good," she said, signaling for them to follow her out.

As they walked, Albany eyed them. They looked too at peace, considering everything that was going on.

"So..." she began. "Have you been online at all?"

"Umm, no, not really," Julie said. "I mean, I was on a little after the show last night. I saw John tweet, 'I'm not even a fucking rapper' or something stupid like that and I was like, 'Nope. I'm outs.' Why do you ask?"

"Well..." Albany hesitated.

"Albany!" Julie said. "What happened?"

"So I take it then you don't know about the shitstorm that started on Twitter?"