Chapter 11: Real Friends

So here's what you missed on Glee. Julie threw a party for her favorite holiday but most of her friends decided to go to Tracy's party instead. Bummer. She couldn't even count on Kitty because she's been too busy trying to get a man into the White House. Also Amity might be becoming friends with Tracy and that would be totally awkward for her and Julie. But have they ever really been friends anyway? We're not sure! And that's what you missed on... GLEE!

----------------------------------------------

"Dan, please get over here," Harmony said as she checked on the oven timer

"Dan, please get over here," Harmony said as she checked on the oven timer. Dan came walking in lazily, his iPad in his hands.

"What's up?" he asked.

As she spun around and saw him, wearing his pajamas from earlier, she gasped, "What's up? Why aren't you dressed yet? Your family will be here any second!"

"Sweetheart, I've been home for like two hours," he said. "I haven't had a chance to relax."

Very high-strung, Harmony's eyes widened in frustration as she said, "No... All you've been doing since getting into town is relaxing. While I've slaved away making sure this dinner is perfect."

"Well, I doubt that's gonna happen," said Dan, scrolling down his Twitter timeline. "All I've seen since last night is online drama about who went to which party. Even Kitty got in on it and she wasn't even in town."

"It's not that big a deal," Harmony rolled her eyes.

"I don't know..." Dan disagreed. "It seems like Julie's really taken this to heart. Which means having her over for dinner tonight probably isn't a great idea. Maybe we should wait to tell my family about the engagement some other day."

Harmony glared at him. "We already told my parents. Knowing my mom, she already blabbed to most of my family, and we have until the end of the week before one of my great aunts sells the story to TMZ. Do you really want that to be the way your parents find out we're getting married?"

"I mean, they found out about Julie through Ellen," Dan pointed out. "And then she and Alex eloped in another country so like... I don't know. I think we're good no matter what we do."

Harmony placed her hands on her hips. "We're telling them." The doorbell rang and she hurried to the oven. "Oh my god, I hope this is ready on time... Go let them in!"

"Come with me," he nodded over to the entrance, so she nervously stole glances at the oven timer again and then followed after him to the door.

They were surprised to find that not only were Tony and Veronica there, but they came along with Julie and her kids. As everyone was welcomed inside and Harmony shut the door behind Julie, she asked, "No Alex tonight?"

"He's still touring Europe," answered Julie. "We talked about it at length at my party yesterday."

She walked away, following her parents into the living room, and Harmony stayed behind, realizing that she probably should've listened to Dan about Julie's anger. "It's ok," Dan whispered to her. "Let's just go in there as planned and I'll try to defuse the conversation. Try not to give her anything that'll lead us back to the events of last night. Ok?"