Chapter 79: She Was Back

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday after the Billboard Music Awards, Rhythmix performed Ugly Heart for the second time on Starmaker. Leila was anxious about returning, as the backlash had only started to die down, but the girls needed the promo.

The moment they finished their song and joined Tenesha on the couch, she got started on grilling them.

"What a song!" she exclaimed. "Wasn't that great? It was great."

She looked to the audience and they clapped in agreement. "Thank you," Zoe told them as the other girls smiled gratefully.

"Let's go over the inspiration," she said, turning to Kayli. "So you wrote it."

"I did," Kayli said, pressing her lips into a thin smile.

"What's it about?" asked Tenesha.

"Well you just heard it," Kayli responded playfully. "Weren't you paying attention?"

Tenesha played along, laughing, but continued, "Well, maybe the audience here and I heard it but you could have people barely tuning into this. For everyone just tuning in, Rhythmix have performed their new song called Ugly Heart and Kayli's going to tell us what it's about."

The audience chuckled, loving the push from Tenesha, but Kayli just took a breath and explained, "Well, it's a breakup song. It's a happy one. It's kinda like a Shout Out To My Ex part two."

"It's a freedom song, too," Zoe added. "It's a fun, feel-good song. And it's about feeling liberated after a breakup."

"Realizing someone was just bringing you down," Leila concluded. "And being happier that you're no longer with them then."

"Inspired by real life events, clearly," Tenesha made a face in Kayli's direction.

The other girls laughed but Kayli kept it classy, saying, "It's inspired by a lot of different things. And we just hope that our fans out there can relate to it and listen to it and feel good."