Chapter 5: Baby Blues

So here's what you missed on Glee if you decided to just skip a bunch of chapters or something. Alex's dad had a stroke and we're not sure how he feels about it. Marley told John that she was having his baby and he totally panicked. McKinley is getting shut down at the end of the year and everyone is bummed out, especially Finn since, well, he works there. Amity is making major changes with her life, like getting a new house, and she's also killing it on the charts. Bree's still not over Cleo trying to steal her husband. I mean, who would be? But this means Mandy's the top model now, right? Quinn's not over her someone taking her husband either because he's dead. There now you're all caught up on GLEE!

-----------------------------------------------

Charts. September 23, 2024.

#Position(Change from last week) Title by Artist *Peak Position*

#1(=) Side to Side by Juliet Vasquez Featuring Nicki Minaj *1*
#2(+2) Don't Let Me Down by Amity Hills *NEW*
#3(-1) Glamorous by Santana Featuring Ludacris *2*
#7(-2) Best Song Ever by Crystal Army *5*
#9(-3) Say You Won't Let Go by Juliet Vasquez Featuring Sam Evans *1*
#12(-3) Sorry by Travis Hilton *2*
#13(+6) Love On The Brain by Santana Lopez *5*
#15(+2) Before He Cheats by Sarah Linley *10*
#16(+5) Scars to Your Beautiful by Lyric Heron *15*
#17(-1) Style by Juliet Vasquez *1*
#18(-5) Ain't About What You Got by Rhythmix *4*
#20(+2) Light Em Up by Crystal Army*14*
#27(+3) Shout Out To My Ex by Rhythmix *4*
#28(-3) Starving by Amity Hills *12*
#46(=) Needed Me by Mercedes Jones *33*
#51(NEW) Touch by Rhythmix *DEBUT*
#72(-2) Could Have Been Me by Dean Monroe *64*

Fantasy League Rank. September 23, 2024.

1(=) Kitty/Julie - 2103.3
2(=) Stefan/Crystal Army - 1553.5
3(=) Bree/Santana - 1333.5
4(=) Harmony/Amity - 1269.5
5(=) Kara/Rhythmix - 1215.8
6(=) Artie/Sarah - 785.25
7(+1) Luke/Mercedes - 588.25
8(-1) Marley/Travis - 579.25
9(=) Charlie/Lyric - 497
10(=) Peyton/Dean - 189
11(=) Jeremy/Jake - 0
12(=) Rory/Xavier - 0
13(=) Ryder/Riley - 0

-----------------------------------------------

"No," said Alex, standing beside the door to his father's hospital room. It was now Monday and he'd finally gotten back to Ohio, where he had already spent six hours at the hospital without leaving for even a second. Now he was on the phone saying, "It's really ok. You just stay on your tour and I'll be fine here. We canceled the only show we had this week so I'm gonna be here the next two just making sure my dad's alright but... You keep working. Sam already picked up the girls this morning and they're gonna be staying with him."

He looked into the window, through the blinds into the room. His dad was waking up. 

"Yeah, no problem. And thank you for checking in. Bye, I love you."

He ended the call and stuffed his phone into his pocket, taking a deep breath and then walking inside the room. As soon as he was inside, his father said, in a slur of just three syllables, "You wife good?"

"Julie's fine," Alex nodded, taking a seat at the edge of the bed. "She has a show in Vancouver tonight that she's pretty excited about. She sends her best wishes though."

"That's nice," sighed Walter Zimmerman, who looked about twenty years older now in that bed.

"You're recovering your speech, that's good," Alex said, not looking him in the eye. "I'm sure you'll be back home in no time."

"I get better the second," agreed his dad, smiling proudly and then struggling to sit up. Alex got off his seat quickly and helped, despite Walter's protests, and then proceeded to adjust his pillows for him as well. Never in a million years did he think he'd ever be taking care of his father. In fact, he'd once figured when the day came that his father's health declined, he would relish in the idea of him soon being dead.