Chapter 34: I'm An Addict

"Taylor," said Kitty, backing away.

"What are you doing here?" Vince asked her.

Taylor held out her phone and said, "I was invited. I thought maybe, just maybe, you had asked your friends to bring me out here because you wanted to surprise me and apologize and get back together. But I guess you've moved on pretty quickly, huh?"

She turned to glare at Kitty, who was more concerned with how many people were staring. Just a few feet away, Dan and Harmony were looking on in shock.

"Ok, Taylor," said Kitty, "I know this whole thing is really painful and complicated for all three of us but... Let's not make a scene."

"Do not tell me how I feel or how to react," said Taylor. Spitefully she added, "Homewrecker."

Kitty gasped, offended even if that was what she technically was. Vince stepped between them and said, "Ok, if you want to talk, we can talk. But we don't have to do this so publicly."

"Oh am I humiliating you, Vince?" asked Taylor, getting louder and purposefully making a show of this, drawing in more eyes and ears. "I'm SO sorry! Excuse ME for putting YOU in an UNCOMFORTABLE situation!"

The music cut off. Even the DJ was listening in now and the party was eerily still, except for Taylor's ongoing rant.

"You cheated on me just before our wedding, got another girl pregnant, insisted that I welcome her into our home, cheated on me again, and even though I forgave all of that, you still left me for your mistress! And now I have to apologize for being here hurt by it? I don't think so!"

"Yeah!" Brittany exclaimed from across the dance floor. "You tell 'em!"

Beside her, Kara said, "I don't think we're supposed to be on her side."

"Oh," said Brittany, quieting down again.

"I am so sick of you two," Taylor continued. "But I'm glad I caught you together. So I can see it for myself and tell you both that you're nasty, ugly PIGS. I hope you rot!"

She stormed away and a few people cheered, whether for her or her departure. Still, there was a lingering silence after that died down. That was followed by booing, which they soon realized was at Kitty and Vince.

"Umm..." said Harmony, letting go of Dan's hand and rushing to the stage. This crowd wouldn't be rude to a pregnant lady. "Hi everyone! Um, attention. I... I just..." Nobody was paying attention, so she hurried to the DJ and whispered something. Then she rushed back to the crowd and said, "Ok, hi everyone. Hi."

Jake cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted, "Be quiet!"

"Thanks, Jake," said Harmony nervously as people shut up and listened. "And thanks everyone else. Um. We're here to party and have fun, right? And hear good music so um... Here's one that might help us all reflect and... Yeah. There's a little too much energy in here right now which is great but... I think it's a little too rowdy so... Let's slow it down."

She nodded to the DJ, who started playing her selection.

["Learn To Let Go" by Kesha.]

Harmony: Been a prisoner of the past. Had a bitterness when I looked back. Was telling everyone it's not that bad. 'Til all my shit hit the fan.

Kitty felt like crying, but she had it coming. After what she'd done, she deserved this and probably more. That public humiliation was Taylor's revenge, but hopefully it was the end of that.