Chapter 52: The Spectrum

----------------------------------------------------------

"Alex wasn't the only one who made an appearance. Kayli Markis and Gus Bukhari were seen hand in hand walking into the party, and later, leaving together."

Isaac glanced down at his phone, which was propped up above the sink as he shaved what little stubble he had. The Starstruck video he was watching detailed the attendance at John's album release party and currently displayed a photograph of Kayli and Gus.

They looked stunning side by side, though Isaac couldn't help focusing on Kayli's attire more than anything. Her hair, her wardrobe, her everything. She was like royalty.

***

"Isn't her outfit incredible?" he asked, showing Rylan as he hung out with him at Adonis later that day. "I wish I could've been there in person."

"Yeah, she looks really hot," Rylan agreed, looking down at the photo.

Isaac made a face at him. "Okay, but we wouldn't be gay men if we didn't discuss Gus," he said, showing the picture to Rylan again. "Isn't he... perfect?"

"They're both pretty perfect," Rylan agreed, looking away.

Isaac put his phone down and frowned. "Sorry. Am I talking about this too much? I'm sorry if it's not really your thing."

Rylan laughed. "No, it's fine," he said. "I'm just distracted. There's gonna be another big party here next week and I'm playing it so..."

"My album party?" asked Isaac curiously.

"No, before that," Rylan shrugged. "But it doesn't matter. Tell me more about how you wish you could be Kayli Markis."

Now it was Isaac who laughed, but he didn't get to respond because Shana appeared in front of them. "Um," she said. "Did I just hear correctly?"

Isaac shook his head. "You need the context for that one," he said. "I was just trying to explain to Rylan here that..." He took a deep breath. "It's hard to explain, actually. I really like Kayli. I think she's... everything I would want to be."