Chapter 25: Something's Gotta Change Around Here

Fantasy League Rank

Fantasy League Rank.

1(=) Stefan/Crystal Army - 9334.1
2(=) Kitty/Julie - 8913.6
3(=) Marley/Travis - 5975.8
4(=) Bree/Santana - 5557
5(=) Harmony/Amity - 4263
6(=) Kara/Rhythmix - 3635.1
7(=) Luke/Mercedes - 2521.9
8(=) Charlie/Lyric - 2453.3
9(=) Jeremy/Tracy - 2173
10(=) Artie/Sarah - 1894.5
11(=) Peyton/Dean - 1629
12(=) Rory/Xavier - 1546
13(=) Ryder/Riley - 135

-------------------------------

"Ugh," Kitty slammed her laptop shut and shoved it towards the other end of the table, nearly knocking down Bree's Lima Bean cup on the latter's lap.

"Hey, watch it!" Bree exclaimed, catching it just in time to avoid a hot, painful spill. "These jeans are expensive."

"Sorry," Kitty rolled her eyes. "Luke posted the stupid Fantasy League score. I've been on decline for weeks and finally scored more points this time around. Only because Santiago Vela is actually promoting his music like crazy, unlike Julie. And it's still not enough to catch up to Crystal Army. They're on decline with this whole Alex thing and the band's hiatus so I thought it was my chance to get the lead again but apparently, they're taking Julie down with them."

"It makes sense," Bree shrugged. "Julie defended Alex."

"But if he's the one they think did terrible things, he should face the consequences alone," said Kitty, crossing her arms. "They're burning her albums in Kansas. Did you know that? This is the Mandy situation all over again. Why does she always get blamed?"

"Is this about Julie or the stupid points she'd give you if she was at her prime?" Bree raised an eyebrow.

"Both!" Kitty exclaimed. "I just... This isn't fair."

Bree shook her head. "The league doesn't matter that much, Kitty. Clearly there are more important things going on."

"And that is what pisses me off the most," Kitty sighed. "I don't have anything going for me. I mean, this league is really the only thing I haven't lost at this point and even this is something."

"Does this have anything to do with Vince having Alexa for the week?" said Bree. "Because you tend to get crabby when she isn't around."

"It's not that," Kitty said. "It's that I lost everything. My career. My love life. I used to have it all. I was city councilwoman. I lived with Jake and I had Riley. Now Riley refuses to move in with me, Alexa spends half her time with Vince, I am technically unemployed, and Jake... Well, we know how that ended. I need to reclaim all of it. My job, my man, my family."

"You can't steal Jake from Leila," said Bree immediately. "We like her and they just had a baby."

"That's not what I meant," Kitty rolled her eyes. "I meant, I have to get a new man. And a job. I need to fill my life with things that make me happy again. Not stupid leagues and playing detective with Jules. I love her but she's way in over her head with this Alex thing. They're not gonna solve this."