Chapter 49: There's Something I Need To Say

There's a mistake in the charts because 16 is higher than 17 and I know how numbers work but ugh, guess who's too lazy to fix it. 

------------------------------------

["Too Good At Goodbyes" by Travis Hilton, from his upcoming fourth studio album. Original artist: Sam Smith.]

Travis: 'Cause every time you hurt me, the less that I cry. And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry. And every time you walk out, the less I love you. Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true. I'm way too good at goodbyes...

Travis took a quick bow and followed Tenesha's lead to the Starstruck main stage. He took a seat beside her and she said, "Travis Hilton, everybody! That was his new song Too Good At Goodbyes. He is back, he is here, he is huge, and he's keeping things fresh."

"Thank you so much for having me," Travis said respectfully.

Tenesha grinned, perhaps herself a little starstruck. "I am loving this new song. You're known for sort of coming into each new album with a new or altered sound, switching things up on your fans all the time. But this one really caught them off guard."

"Yeah," Travis nodded. "I don't really like to feel boxed into any genre so I do bounce around and try out new sounds every album. But this one... I think what's shocked everyone who's followed my career is that it's just something I've never done. I've always released singles that are more... explosive. Club bangers, some collaborations, raps and all this other stuff but... This one's another side of me."

"It's a sad song," she pointed out.

"Yeah," he sighed. "It is. It came about after a big breakup and I really wanted to open up to my fans more and... I think I accomplished that."

Travis went through the rest of the short interview as best as he could. He still had to keep doing this at The Late Late Show and The Tonight Show. Plus there were all the radio shows. It was gonna be a packed week for sure but at least it was a great distraction.

Still, the more and more he had to sing the song, the more it ached for him to remember the pain it took to write it.

***