Chapter 15: 500

You dare tell me how many words I should write????? I hope you enjoyed me playing games with your minds! That was my strike suckeeeeeeeeers!

Ok now for everyone else who is not a roleplayer and has no idea what's happening...

The 500th chapter of the series is finally here! And it's going to be super long. And I hope you're hungry cause you're all about to be fed. Well, many of you. The rest will be fed in the chapter that follows!

---------------------------------

"And lastly, I wanna thank my family, for—"

"Stop," Addison shook her head at Julie, pacing in front of her. "Don't mention your family."

"But if I don't, people might think—" Julie responded.

"With everything that's going on with Crystal Army, you shouldn't give people any reminder of your relationships to them. So don't mention your husband, don't mention your kids. Only your parents since they're here. Just thank Billboard, thank your fans... And maybe some of the woman in the audience who've inspired you."

"Tracy and Amity and all their stupid friends are here," Julie rolled her eyes. "After what happened on Monday I wondered if they'd have the nerve to come tonight."

"They're nominated for awards too, Julie," Addison sighed. "It's the Women in Music awards not Woman in Music. It can't just be you."

"Yeah but I'm getting the award," Julie insisted. "I'm getting Woman of the Year. I'm performing. They're... they could've called in sick is all I'm saying."

"You should be glad you get to be honored in front of them while they have to sit and watch Billboard pay tribute to you. It's their karma."

Julie took a seat on the couch, checking the time. "Not long until I have to get out there in front of all the top women in the industry... Hey, thanks again for having my back with all of this. I wasn't expecting you to get in on the arguing."

Addison refrained from telling her who was really behind her tweets out of fear that it would lead to too many questions she didn't want to answer. "No problem," she said. "I have your back. As your publicist and sort of friend."

"Let's just say publicist," Julie told her, though this was more teasing than her previous meanness towards her. "Ok, I am bound to get called back out to the audience in no time. Wish me luck."

Addison nodded and watched as Julie left the dressing room. "Good luck," she told her. "Knock em dead."

"I hope," Julie called out. And then she was on her way.

***

Julie returned to her seat just as the commercial break the Billboard Women In Music Awards was on ended. She had spent most of the night hiding out backstage, coming back only to watch the acts perform, letting the camera catch her here and there.