Chapter 19: Don't Say Anything

Fantasy League Rank

Fantasy League Rank.

1(=) Stefan/Crystal Army - 7860.1
2(=) Kitty/Julie - 7359.6
3(=) Bree/Santana - 5192
4(=) Marley/Travis - 4720.3
5(=) Harmony/Amity - 3932.5
6(=) Kara/Rhythmix - 3351.8
7(=) Luke/Mercedes - 2323.6
8(+1) Charlie/Lyric - 1701.5
9(-1) Artie/Sarah - 1696 
10(=) Peyton/Dean - 1362
11(=) Rory/Xavier - 1032
12(=) Jeremy/Tracy - 984
13(=) Ryder/Riley - 45

------------------------------

"Has anyone heard from Tyler?" asked Julie as she sat beside Alex in the limousine to the Grammys. This was the last award show that the band was set to attend together and thus they were doing it in style.

The only guy not attending was Tyler, who had been away for so long now that hearing his name felt strange.

Alex shrugged and John moved the arm he had around Marley, reaching for his glass of wine. Sam said, "Last I heard, he was going to be here tonight but... I don't know if he's sitting with us or presenting or... if he's even going to show up."

"Awkward," said Quinn.

They all turned to her. She hadn't said much all ride, too busy on her phone to care for any of the small talk that had taken place since they'd first gotten in the car.

"Sorry," she said. "Just trying to pitch in something."

She went back to her phone but Julie reached over and took it away. "That's enough," she said. "You're supposed to be here as Sam's date so he doesn't look like a total dork."

"And I also have business to take care of," Quinn responded. "For our company."

"No," Julie insisted. "Tonight you are here as a guest of a nominee. Not as a chairwoman or CEO or anything business related. So have a drink and relax."

Quinn took a deep breath and held out her hand. When Julie returned the phone, she stuffed it back in her purse and reached her other hand out towards John. "Drink?"

"Coming right up," said John. 

As he poured her wine into a glass, Alex looked across at Marley, who was also pretty quiet. She was tapping her fingers on the arm rest by the window and looking out at the crowds that were surrounding the arena.

"You ready?" he asked.

John briefly glanced at them and then gave Quinn her glass. "I hope," Marley laughed nervously. "But it's not every day you confirm your pregnancy and subsequent relationship to a rockstar on a Grammys red carpet so..."

"Not to mention your ex is gonna be around," Sam added.

Quinn elbowed him and took a sip of her drink. John reached for Marley's hand and gave it a squeeze. "It's not like this is the first time you come as my date to the Grammys, right?"