Chapter 60: It Happened In New Year's Eve, Part 2

This is longer than The Longest Chapter So Far

This is longer than The Longest Chapter So Far. So technically this is the longest chapter so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 27, 2027 -- THE PRESENT

"Wow," said Unique, snapping a quick, blinding photo as she finished Marley's makeup. "You look incredible. So beautiful."

She turned Marley around, allowing her to face the mirror. As Marley took herself in, she saw someone more beautiful than she had ever felt.

"Bree just texted," said Unique, staring at her phone. "Everything's ready. Adrian's read. Are you ready?"

Marley looked up at her friend, then at the mirror in front of her.

"Okay," she said, her voice shaky as the sound came out. "I'm ready."

***

"You ready?" asked Sebastian as Julie, all dressed up in a colorful suit, walked onto her set. She was filming two new music videos in the next three days, both in Ontario. They were both meant to be huge but the first, which she was currently about to start filming for, felt a lot more relaxed. For fun.

Maybe it was because it wasn't for her album so she felt far less pressure to make it all mean something. She ignored Sebastian's question and walked straight onto the set, where a throne was waiting to film her. She looked around and asked, "Where's Dean?"

"He's filming his solo parts after we leave," said Sebastian. "And he's getting prepped for the together parts now so the sooner we get done with your portions the better."

Julie ignored him again and searched for the director. Then she took a good look at all the props. The throne, sparkly fake food, and a tone of glittery skulls. This was going to be as fun as could be. Not to mention the different backdrops she had been shown earlier for the video concept, and the outfit changes she was going to make.

"I'm ready," she said, messing her hair up just a little bit and then sitting down on the throne.

***