Chapter 81: I Don't Take The Blame

------------------------------------------

"So you're done done?" Julie asked, sipping strawberry-shortcake-flavored tea as she stood in her sunny backyard overlooking the hills in the distance.

Beside her, Alex had a cigarette, a sign of true stress.

"With filming," he answered. "Reshoots haven't been announced yet. But I'm not done. I've got the second leg of my tour picking up on Saturday so I'm gonna be busy for weeks to come."

"At least this show is here at home," Julie said, turning to watch him take a long drag. "Must be exciting to play at the Hobart enter for the very first time."

"It is," he nodded. "I get to spend some time with Rosie, too. By the way," he turned to look at her, "I'm sorry I dicked you over with that stuff. Schedules got mixed up and... I didn't mean for your time with her to be cut."

Before she could respond, the backdoor burst open and Skye and Isaac walked through, giggling until they saw Alex was there.

"Oh hey," Skye said as Isaac waved awkwardly.

"Look who's here," Julie smiled at them.

Alex waved back and tossed his cigarette on the ground, stomping it out and then picking up the remains with his hands as everyone watched.

"We were just wondering if you were ready..." said Isaac. "But you're clearly busy."

"Ready?" asked Alex. "Are you going out?"

"Well..." Julie looked back from her friends to him. "Yeah... We made plans. So, uh, maybe you can go pick up Rosie from your parents today and then I'll go get her tomorrow..?"

Alex sighed, his disappointment evident as he shot a suspicious glance in Skye's direction. 

"That sounds fine," he accepted, tossing the cigarette bud into a nearby trash can and leaving without saying a single goodbye.

***

"I can't believe you're moving out," Zoe said, irritated as she watched Kayli go through her room picking up the rest of her things.