Chapter 50: Take My Pain For Me

It may be September IRL but it's already Halloween in my heart.

And with that awful start, you should know this chapter is messier than Julie's life. I wrote it on zero sleep. Aren't my long insomnia just the best?

 Aren't my long insomnia just the best?

---------------------------------

The following transcript is from a live episode of Starstruck. It was filmed and aired on October 25, 2027.

Tenesha: Big Derek news today, right?

Rob: That's right! Derek is clearing the air after fan theories claimed he was the inspiration for Carly Dom's 'Be Careful.'

Tenesha: Did Derek and Carly hook up?

Rob: Tenesha, that's what everybody seemed to want to know the last few days. Fans seemed to think so. A crazy fan theory circled the internet throughout last week claiming that Carly's big breakthrough hit, 'Be Careful,' was about the rapper. And that maybe she was the Kelly from 'Out Your Emotions.'

Tenesha: Ehh... Kelly... Carly... I guess they sound kind of similar.

Rob: Well, the song has been a major hit. It came out in late August and has been in the top 10 almost the entire time. And today it hit number one. So he was asked who it was about last week and he said it was another artist.

Tenesha: Oooh.

Rob: But sadly, he didn't give much else. Of course that's when fans started coming up with their theories. Everyone from Tracy Moore to even Juliet Vasquez. Then one theory took off about Carly.

Tenesha: Why?

Rob: Because they were seen hanging out together earlier this year, in Coachella. Carly had Be Careful out at the time and there's this theory that maybe Out Your Emotions was a response. Anyway, it doesn't matter because Derek took to Instagram to say, quote, 'Totally false. She's a friend. That's it.'

Tenesha: Well, there it is.

Rob: What do you think? Should we believe him? I mean, he has reason to deny it.