Chapter 58: A Good Place To Start

------------------------------------

"Another gift basket came in," said Quinn, struggling to carry a basket filled with goodies into the living room, where a few other dozen already were.

"I guess we have our Christmas gifts," Sam joked. Quinn gave him a look so he said, "In addition to all the ones we already got, of course. I mean, really, I have no use for most of this stuff. Spotify sent me so many gadgets I either already have or won't ever use. Apple thinks I need enough chocolate to feed a village... We can give these to our parents and siblings or something."

"I guess," said Quinn, shrugging. "But you do have to keep the one the label got you. Or I'll be offended."

Sam smiled and started looking through the new basket, a gift from iHeartRadio. Quinn's phone rang so she hurried out of the room to take it, expecting another call about Sam.

His debut single, Say (All I Needed) had a huge opening week and debuted at number one on several official charts around the world, including Billboard's Hot 100. The world wanted to congratulate him and in this industry that was usually with parties or gifts. Since it was Christmas week, gifts seemed far more appropriate.

The kids ran downstairs, gasping at the look of all the presents. "Is it Christmas already, Daddy?" asked Izzy, running up to observe the new basket with him. Gaby and Nate followed behind him.

"No," he told them. "These are presents for Daddy from very rich people who want to be on my good side."

"What's your bad side?" asked Gaby curiously.

Sam turned to her and answered, "That's a good question. I don't think I have one."

"Do I have one?" she asked.

"We'll see," Sam said, smiling and booping her nose.

After a few seconds of opening baskets, Sam selected things he was fine with letting the kids keep, things he did want for himself, and everything else which he planned to give to the people he cared about.

Quinn marched in a few minutes later, her phone in hand, and said, "Well, that was Veronica."

"Did she call to congratulate me?" asked Sam. "I would've taken her call."