Chapter 22: If You Don't Believe Me

Fantasy League Rank

Fantasy League Rank.

1(=) Stefan/Crystal Army - 8836.9
2(=) Kitty/Julie - 8278.1
3(=) Marley/Travis - 5483.1
4(=) Bree/Santana - 5382
5(=) Harmony/Amity - 4085.5
6(=) Kara/Rhythmix - 3517.8
7(=) Luke/Mercedes - 2460.1
8(=) Charlie/Lyric - 2203.8
9(=) Artie/Sarah - 1841.3
10(=) Jeremy/Tracy - 1591
11(=) Peyton/Dean - 1425
12(=) Rory/Xavier - 1311
13(=) Ryder/Riley - 111

-------------------------

"So what did you do today?" asked Julie as she sat in the private visiting room with Alex at the prison. 

There was no trial date set for this week, which meant that she could only see him there. And though she'd considered on multiple occasions not going, Monday morning came and she was getting ready, preparing for the drive over.

"Cleaned, read, ate, played cards," he shrugged, not saying much else.

"Who'd you play cards with?" she asked. "You have prison friends now?"

"Something like that," he nodded. "Some of them are big fans of you."

Julie laughed. "I find that hard to believe."

"I'm super serious," he smiled. "I've promised a bunch of autographs so next time you should bring some, ok? I don't wanna get in trouble."

"I'll make sure to do that," she nodded. Then she asked, "So you're ok here? I mean... You're safe?"

"Yes," he nodded. "I am... How are the girls?"

"They've asked a lot about you, actually. For some reason, Izzy thinks you're in Canada. I'm not sure if that's something Sam told her or what but... It's what she keeps saying. But Gaby... She's convinced you left forever and she's really pissed."

"Really?" Alex couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah," Julie nodded. "She says that you're scum for ditching us."

"Nice," he laughed.

"Not nice," Julie disagreed. "Alex, they keep asking about you. I don't know what to tell them."

"I'm fine with them thinking I'm in Canada, honestly," he said. "For all we know, I'm gonna be in Canada for thirty more years. Or for the rest of my life. So they should be prepared to find out."

***

"Thirty years to life without parole," Kitty stared at the salt shaker at the center of Bree's dining table. "That's really... intense. Maybe he needs new lawyers. Better lawyers. Because I was sure he'd be fine and then the witness statements came in and..."

"The look on his face when that bitch was talking shit on the stand," Bree sighed. "I bet he really wishes he could be out on bail still. The last thing that man wants right now is to be away from his family. I mean, I know we're all worried about Julie but what about Alex? He's in prison for crying out loud. He could be there the rest of his life. What about his mental health?"