Always by your side

Current Ages:

Thor:19

Loki:18

Y/n: 16

A few days ago you had been sick, again...

Always when Odin wanted to tell you and your brothers who's going to take over the throne you got sick. This time you had a bad cold which left you bed bound for a few days. Odin decided to let your brothers and you mother gather in your room for his announcement so all of you would finally know who's going to be the next king/queen of Asgard.

You weren't excited because you knew that Thor would get chosen, not only because he is the oldest one and his favorite but you knew that Odin didn't love Loki like his first born nor did he love you like Thor but you noticed that he even preferred you over Loki but you didn't know why. You are almost like Loki, quiet, always reading books, using magic to trick others and always felt left out by their family. You would rather say that you and Loki are only Frigga's children because she loves both of you equally.

Your door opened and Odin walked in with a huge smile on his face.

"I finally decided who's going to be the next king or queen."

You didn't even need to listen to him; his voice gave it away that he chose Thor.

"I decided that my first born, Thor should be the king after I will die.", somehow your world broke into million pieces as these words hit you but you told yourself that it was obvious from the beginning when Odin told you about the frost giants years ago so you wouldn't be sad. You looked at Loki and his expression looked just like your mind. He looked like his whole world fell apart and when he noticed that you were looking at him he took your hand and smiled at you. Thor went around cheering and hugging everyone including you and Loki. You instantly pulled out a dagger when he gave you a hug to show him that he should be gentle with you. He ran out of the room followed by Odin and Frigga, leaving you and Loki alone.

Loki sat down next to you on your bed pulling you in a hug. "It was obvious from the beginning... He always would choose Thor instead of you or me", you said and hugged him back.

"I actually thought he would proclaim you queen y/n. I mean you are a good warrior and you are very intelligent and wise, you would be a good fit for a queen.", Loki said and you could hear that he really meant it. You turned around to look at him and smiled,

" And who taught me the most? Who made me the one I am right now? It wasn't father, heck it wasn't even mother nor Thor. It was always you Loki, I looked up to you and I still do. I always wanted to be like you and I couldn't understand why Thor and his friends were so strange and mean when you were around. I mean come on since he got his stupid hammer two years ago he never fought without it and he got so cocky since then. I remember getting hit by that stupid hammer while he threw it across the trainings ground and ignoring that you screamed at him like a maniac. ", you huffed and snuggled on Loki.

Loki always was so cold but you loved it, you remembered how you sneaked into his room a few times on very hot summer nights and used him to cool yourself down. You hated heat and hot weather but loved the cold and snowy days in Asgard (are there even snowy Days? If not now there are.).

Loki took something out of his pocket and gave it to you "I actually wanted to give it to you when Odin proclaimed you queen but that didn't really work out that well, now did it?", Loki said while giving you a kiss on your forehead.

You opened the small box to be faced with a small green glowing necklace (picture).

"This light will glow until I die y/n. It shows that I am always with you and I never leave you. You should protect it, like you protect me. Never forget that I'm always on your side y/n/n.", Loki said while he helped you to wear the necklace. You created a mirror in your hands to look at you and your necklace. It was perfect and it looked beautiful on you. " Wow! Thank you very much Loki! It's beautiful! ", you said happily and hugged Loki tight. "I'm glad you like it and don't forget you always be my queen y/n.", Loki grinned at you while messing up your hair. " And you will always be my king Loki and my big brother."