47 ~ We Need To Talk

"E l i j a h,    I brought you breakfast" Lana called out to him, placing eggs, toast and black coffee on the nightstand

He was still in bed, reading a paper at least. But that was the most work he did lately... if she was lucky.

Kneeling on his bed beside him she sighed "Do you think you'll be going to class today?" Lana asked. He looked up at her for a moment almost mortified, like he was appalled that she'd even mention going back to class.

With his eyes back on his paper, he shook his head slightly.

He'd missed all of his classes, didn't even dare to step a foot on campus. The only thing he did was follow commands, at this point he operated completely on autopilot. He was a robot she had to program.

Eat Elijah, shower Elijah, go to sleep Elijah.

At least before he'd bury himself in work. Now he didn't even do that. If it wasn't for Lana forcing him to eat or move, he wouldn't. He was practically catatonic. 

And he definitely didn't go to class.
What was there that he was so afraid of?

"Do you have any plans for today?"
She asked him. No response.

"Elijah, you're falling behind all your classes. Please at least tell me when you're going back"

When he didn't respond once more she let out a frustrated exhale and got up from his bed. If he didn't want to talk, fine.

She stopped at his door and said "I'm trying Elijah. I'm just asking you to meet me halfway, at least talk to me." she said, slamming the door shut.

Cindy was in the hallway, leaning back against the wall. Failing to conceal the concern and worry in Cindys eyes. "Is he going to--"

"No" Lana answered for her. "I don't know what to do, C" she confessed

"I haven't seen him this bad" Cindy admitted. Her words gave Lana no hope in the slightest, it only scared her. 

"I have to go. Please make sure he eats" she told Cindy, making her way downstairs

~

"Is Elijah--"

"No" Lana answered Jamie, taking a seat next to her in that auditorium she  hated more and more every week. Elijah had been gone for almost a month. And you could tell.

Grades in that class were falling, some students stopped coming to class altogether. Elijah's disappearance had left a void, not only in Lana's life but in the classroom too.

It only made her feel more guilty and helpless.

"I thought he was back" Jamie whispered. 

Lana shook her head. She thought so too, but he came back with a big part of him still missing.