18 ~ You Weren't Supposed to See That

This was edited, so hopefully, there are no more typos! 

L a n a stood up quietly, trying her best to look like she didn't care that Elijah just kicked her out

For Olivia.

She quietly grabbed her bag. And looked back at Elijah one last time, but his eyes were.so far away, staring at the ground rather than her.

Was she supposed to put up a fight?

"Excuse me" Lana mumbled before making her way out, past Olivia.

When the door snapped shut Elijah finally looked up to meet Olivia's eyes.

"I'm getting tired of seeing you with her all the time." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Did you need something?" He reminded her.

Olivia took a seat on the mahogany desk crossing her legs under that bodycon dress. "Your father wanted to make sure you picked up your tux?"

"Is that all?" Elijah sighed

She shrugged before leaning over, her long hair cascading over her shoulder

And with a smirk, she said, "Were you hoping for something more Elijah?"

"I have my tux Olivia" he deadpanned.

"So that's a no to the fitting? How about dry cleaning?"

"I'm good"

"Shoes?"

"I'm wearing Yeezy's of course," he said, noting how serious Olivia's face was

"I'm kidding"

She crossed her arms over her chest and knitted her brows together "Not funny Eli. This is a serious event. If you mess around your father will--"

"I know," he said, running his hands over his face before placing his glasses back on.

"Did. Um..." Elijah stammered trying to find the least pathetic way to ask.

"Did he invite mom?"

"You know she can't come. She's sick Elijah"

"Not that sick" he denied. Last time he saw her, sure. But that was just a bad week. She was usually much better, she told him so every time they spoke on the phone.

"Sicker than you think"

"Listen," Olivia said, placing her hand tenderly on his shoulder. "I'm sure if she could be there. She would"

"Yeah" Elijah nodded painfully.

"But mothers would never admit to their kid how sick they really are. My mother did the same"

That was true. Elijah thought as he peered into her warm eyes. If there was anyone who understood him in that moment. It was Olivia.

With a warm smile, she beamed "But I'll be there"