28 ~ Pleasure's All Mine

Warning. It's about to get a bit steamy in here...

Dedicated to @NigeriannPrincess your comments got me weak omfg 😂

Previously

" D r. Poe"

Poe's thick white eyebrows furrowed when he saw Elijah for the second time today burst into his office. "Elijah, didn't I already tell you--"

"Sir. You told me to come to you before the test, that's what I'm doing" Elijah interrupted

"These questions are way too hard for this level." He explained holding up the awful exam "Half of the class is going to fail"

Except for rolling his eyes, Dr. Poe kept a straight face. He clearly didn't care.

"Just take a look at the questions I came up with" Elijah suggested, handing him the exam he had spent hours preparing to not only make sure it was testable and had all the right content, but also fair.

Poe took the exam Elijah handed him, and just when he thought he was going to read it, he placed it in the garbage instead.

"Elijah, you don't make the tests. I do" he argued, removing his thin-framed glasses and folding them neatly on his desk.

"How do you think this works?" Poe asked him "If half the class fails that isn't our problem"

"That's not fair--"

"Fair? Nothing is fair. What do you expect, everyone, to get an A and ride off happily into the sunset?" Poe snickered

"This wouldn't be the prestigious, world-renowned school it is, if it was that easy. We have a reputation to uphold"

Narrowing his eyes, Elijah looked down at the short, pathetic professor in front of him.

"So this is about making our school look good, by making it harder for our students?"

"Easy A's aren't fair. They're lazy. Even if they did all get an A I'd bell-curve the marks so that the average isn't too high. It's impossible either way" Poe concluded

"You got through this class didn't you?" he asked Elijah

"But--"

"Your job is to teach and assist Elijah." Assist? He almost laughed. He'd been doing everything. Lessons, study groups, grading. Poe had only shown up to class twice in 13 weeks

"Do your job. Go home" Poe ordered

W E E K 1 4

"You tried Elijah" Lana assured him

"Nothing you do will be enough. This school isn't after our success. They don't care" even though she was saying it, she could tell he wasn't going to accept it as he leaned against the kitchen counters pondering his next move.