21 ~ Well This Is Awkward...

Here's an update my lovelies. Finger's crossed for a second update this week on Friday!!

@RosemaryWimberly this one's for you girl. Thanks for your comments 💖💖

" T h a n k s for coming" Elijah smiled, his eyes dazzling as bright as the diamonds in her earrings

"You look beautiful"

"I know," She said, flipping her high midnight black ponytail" Too bad I can't say the same for you"

Cindy flashed a cheeky smile, hooking her arms in Elijah's as they ascended the white marble stairs draped in velvet carpet.

This place was way more over the top than they both imagined it would be.

Way fancier than previous years. But like previous years, the only thing that didn't change was how much he really didn't want to be here, and he knew he didn't belong. Even though his name was on the guest list.

Cindy on the other hand was in her element. She lived for the glamour. She practically dragged Elijah as she strutted through the room full of crystal white chandeliers, smiling at all the filthy rich people around her like she was one of them.

"Just to think all this money spent on this event could've gone to improving our education" Elijah said.

"No one here cares about our education. They're here for clout" she whispered, grabbing two glasses of champagne and clinking their glasses together.

"Cheers" Cindy winked

He spotted Olivia in a sparkling black cocktail dress in the distance before he spotted his father behind her. His hand slipping below her lower back.

"Are you okay?" Cindy asked him, snapping his attention back to her again.

"Wanna just get out of here. Let's make a run for it C" he whispered

Cindy raised her brows. Was he crazy?

"Elijah. I don't look this good for nothing." She said, running her hand down her long silky, midnight blue dress. "Plus, your dad will be pissed for missing an event like this"

Elijah sighed, spotting the little bar behind them "I'm gonna get a drink" Or ten.

Honestly, he'd still rather be at Lana's bar instead. Instead of with this over the top bartender in an obnoxious bow tie.

"Hey can I get--"

"A water will be fine" Olivia interrupted.

"Olivia--"

"You can't get drunk here Elijah" She said, adjusting his black tie before grazing her long razor-edged nails down his chest "Plus... we all know what you're like when you get drunk"

"Not that I mind" she whispered, before looking over at Cindy.

"I'm glad you didn't bring that other girl. What's her name? That short black one?"